Last night I dreamt...

You can talk about anything here
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Last night I dreamt...

Post by Nicotti »

... that the US was being invaded by Indians (from Asia, not Native American). It was all infantry, no mechanized or air. I was shooting Indians with a variety of hand guns, in close quarters, left and right with maybe 10-20 other people. Oh and it was like an unorganized defense, we were all civilians defending as we fell back, cause we were massively overrun.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: Last night I dreamt...

Post by GlassCurtain »

Did you by any chance watch Red Dawn or Falling Skies before you went to sleep? Or maybe played some Homefront fighting those pesky north Koreans. :)
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

It was kinda like a falling skies defensive, but a coastal setting and no i didn't.

-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Last night I dreamt...

Post by SubLunar »

I love dreams like this. Dreams in general, really. Lucid dreaming is the tits.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Re: RE: Last night I dreamt...

Post by Twail Wetard »

SubLunar wrote: ...Lucid dreaming is the tits.
or dreams of tits. :shock:
THE THREAD KILLER!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Unfortunately my dreams don't usually turn lucid till I start waking up and the dreams start fading.

This morning I dreamt that I had just bought a dog and was taking it shopping in a junk store with me, but I didn't have a leash for it. But the cashier said if I found a leash or rope I could have it. I had to hold him by the collar cause I didn't want him to run away. I eventually found a 10 foot piece of rope that appeared to be made of cotton swabs, so I'm not really sure how it stayed together as a rope when I pulled on it.

After I slipped the rope around the dog's neck the dream changed to me being at some type of competition in a high school gym with bleachers on the sides. The bleachers weren't very full yet, I got the sense it was that the judges were giving out the awards before the event started. But you had to buy the award you wanted or you had to buy your way into the competition or something, it wasn't very clear to me. I won an award at something weird or off-the-wall or something (I don't really remember), however the people there seemed surprised that I could win it, since apparently I had no skills at doing it. (But I remember) I won it without doing anything because I was the only one in that division, so I won by default.

Then it changed to I was at what I identified as my job, even though it wasn't really anything like what I do in RL. I was in a city planners office and there was this board of planners that was literally sitting at a board table planning stuff together in the middle of the room. And I wanted to get on the board, but I couldn't because there wasn't any positions open. But this other guy in the office also wanted to get on the board. He tells me not to worry about it he'll get us on, then leaves the office. Then I see a map of the city, but it's more like a theme park, there's a water park area and a zoo area and a covered stadium, and some other stuff. Then the map shows a report of the planner of the stadium found dead in a body bag out in front of the stadium. And the guy calls me and says something about taking care of the problem and causing chaos in the office, and I realize he's going to the different areas and killing the planners. And I'm like, "You're killing them?! You can't kill people!! I'm horrible about keeping secrets like this why did you tell me this?!" He said not to worry about it and that he was heading off to the next area.

Then the dream switches to a scene with me talking to some of the board members about something relating to the award I won (from the previous part of the dream, but I don't remember exactly what happened in this scene.)

Then the killer guy get's back. The board members call us over, and I thought I was getting fired but they promote me and the killer guy on to the board. But they also have to find 2 more people cause I guess the killer guy killed more people than needed just to make sure that if they promoted people ahead of us we'd still get in. I had an incredible urge to mention to the board that we only got the job because the guy was killing people, but I didn't say anything. Oh and I wasn't afraid of the killer nor did I think he was going to kill me at any time.

Then my alarm woke me up.
Last edited by Nicotti on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

-Ayn Rand
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Yeah? I had one last night about running down a dancing skeleton with a riding lawnmower. Asshole had it coming.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

I keep dreaming I'm changing diapers
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

depending on whom that could be a really awesome dream.

I slept in this morning and had a good 5-7 different dreams.. it was awesome.

And by slept in, I mean I slept 12 hrs almost non-stop.

-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I have a lot of exploring type dreams, which I think is fucking great because i go to a new place almost every night.

So realistic too, the other night I had a dream that I was driving through some random town I'd never been to before and saw an old church that I thought looked cool so I pulled over and walked up to it. The cornerstone was in German and said it was built in 1869. I noticed an open basement window and crawled on in. Once inside, I saw they were renovating it and there were people walking around working on stuff. I walked around nonchalantly taking pictures and went upstairs. I heard the creaking old wood as I stepped and felt the occassional loose board under my feet. I smelled that musty odor of a place that's been boarded up for a long time. I walked to the main hallway upstairs underneath the balcony and saw that the opposite stairwell was roped off and lights were off. There was a note to the remodelers and a piece of trim with instructions on how to do the trim complete with measurements. I turned and went down the hallway and there were bedrooms on either side, I guess for the nuns who used to live there. It was dimly lit but I could see that they were all made and didn't appear to have been used in a while. I got to the very last bedroom and the bed was messy. I walked into the room and started looking around. Next thing I know, someone is moving underneath the covers. At this point the hair on my neck is standing up and I was absolutely terrified. I woke up just about as soon as I would have seen their face.

Often times, I return to a town in my dreams that I've dreamed about before only the last dream took place in a different building. So there's these towns and buildings within them that I've been to and keep returning to in my dreams. So it's easy to believe what's going on is real because I'm familiar with the place since I've been there before.

One in particular is always bad. I have this recurring dream about this gigantic conglomeration of abandonments of nightmarish proportions all rolled into a single location. It's usually about 20 stories tall and mostly brick. Parts of it are based on different real life places I've been to; one wing is a church and another is a brewery. Half of it was torn down in a previous dream. That part was a large empty hotel connected to an airport on the far end, but like I said that was tore down a few dreams ago. What's left is a terrifying location and there are holes in all the floors, it's dark and just about as dangerous a place as my mind can come up with. It's always a little bit different every time I go back. Last night, I went back to it and found that someone had rented out the ground floor and turned part of it into an automotive shop. So we walk up to it and ask the new renters if they mind if we walk around and explore the place. They oblige us and we go inside, past the auto shop and make our way inside the vast familiar deathtrap I've been to so many times in my dreams. It always turns out bad here, but I never seem to remember that as we return again. This time, our goal is to climb to the top of the clocktower, which involves climbing precariously up some 10 or 20 stories worth of rusty, broken and mostly missing structural components. We finally get to the top and it's one of those things where you wonder why the hell you did it and how the hell are you going to get down. I'm walking across this rusty ass roof tile when it crumbles under my weight. I frantically reached for a nearby pipe but it was not secured and came off in my hands. Then I woke up.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

I've revisited places in my dreams too. There's an ever-evolving clubhouse in the woods near the house of my youth. It started as how it looked in reality, a circle of trees and some old bed sheets. It has since evolved into a home the size of a tool shed.

I also dream about scouting out flooding rivers a lot (apparently based on my doing so in RL) and each different dream the river level is higher. It also usually involves me having to drive my old truck across some flooded portion of the road and hoping not to get swept away or have the engine stop. Apparently in dreamland a Ford F150 can cross through 3-4 feet of water without needing a snorkel for the engine.

-Ayn Rand
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

man mine are so freaking weird its scarey and usually some how they involve a funeral home and a big hunking clock and then some how there is a roll-a-coaster and a freaking bridge--and in that stupid clock is a head thet you only see sometimes it freaked me out and then some times im inside a 100 year old building but its all new inside and the family is there and they are like giving me a tour but then some how im back in that funeral home--and I dont even drink?????
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

I had a dream last night -started off as one of those good ones- a really hot girl was wanting to fuck me...but my wife was right there scowling at me. So I just made out with the super hot woman instead of fucking her..wtf
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

sure hows that work for you????????????????
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

redox wrote:I had a dream last night -started off as one of those good ones- a really hot girl was wanting to fuck me...but my wife was right there scowling at me. So I just made out with the super hot woman instead of fucking her..wtf
They say that dreams are a way of our mind practicing out scenarios so that we are prepared for variations of it in real life.

So apparently if you meet a hot chick in real life that really wants to fuck you and your wife is there, you're prepared to make out with her... let us know how that goes... :lol:

-Ayn Rand