Contacted by Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory"

You can talk about anything here
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Re: Contacted by Jesse Ventura

Post by lolabelle »

Ya I tried to read a bit from their main site, just out of boredom and curiousity. But I just couldn't do it. You should try to read the part about Denver Airport off the main page. It's painful.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Contacted by Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory&quo

Post by SubLunar »

Conspiracy theorists always have the worst websites. And ADD. And a poor grasp of the English language.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: Contacted by Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote: And a poor grasp of the English language.
And never use spell check or grammar check.

And have a poor grasp of the principles of logic and reasoning.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Ah hell, just do it. I wouldn't worry about being a skeptic; they'll just edit what you say any way. If you're worried about it, agree to be their guide, but make it clear to them that you've never seen anything to support their theories. Sounds like fun, and we all know what a media whore you are...
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Freak
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

RE: Contacted by Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory&quo

Post by Freak »

You can be as big a skeptic as you want, and they'll still blow it out of proportion all over TV. Just look at what passes for TV these days:

-Multiple ghost hunting shows where the biggest excitement of the entire season is when someone sees a mouse. Non-mouse scenes are entirely filler of frat boys imagining noises and shadows that somehow never get recorded on all their fancy equipment.

-Monsterquest or whatever that show is called, you'd think it'd be like, dudes in armor fighting orcs or trolls or something, but it's really about a bunch of retired white guys with too much time on their hands living in denial that Nessie was really a toy submarine.

-Secret fucking douchebag passages... Not Don Wildmans thing, I mean the low-budget specials that the Hitler Channel has every couple months. I don't remember the actual names of any shows... but here's how production usually goes:
Producer: "Hey I have this great idea, lets explore mysterious passages and shit!"
Network exec: "Hmm that doesn't sound up to OSHA standards, how about we just go to Seattle and walk through people's basements, filming random brick wall and talking about how there might be something behind the bricks"
Producer: "Yeah, that works".
~YoU~€iT¥~
BANNED
BANNED

Post by ~YoU~€iT¥~ »

SubLunar wrote:
BROUSER wrote:I don't think anyone on this site has uncovered any secret government or alien conspiracies.
Oh there's one member here who thinks he has! That would make an embarrassingly terrible non-airable episode! :lol:
You guys have no idea do you?
~YoU~€iT¥~
BANNED
BANNED

Re: Contacted by Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory&quo

Post by ~YoU~€iT¥~ »

White Rabbit wrote:So, the producers of Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" on TruTV contacted me. They want me to take them around and show them tunnels and caves and such. I'm not sure exactly what yet. I'm still trying to find out what exactly they're wanting to see.

I'm a little skeptical of the whole thing. I'm a HUGE skeptic, as anyone who knows me knows, so I don't know how good a fit I would be to take them around showing them caves that they're going to say are future government concentration camps or whatever they're angle they're looking for.

Thoughts?
I don't trust Jesse Ventura. They must be using him to try to find something. I'm actually skeptical that they even called you WR. Did they mention any specific places?
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

~YoU~€iT¥~ wrote:You guys have no idea do you?
No, we don't. We're all just midwesterners, ain't hurtin nobody, jus mindin our own business. All them crazy government fellers with their aliens and radiation just give me the heebeejeebees. We're a simple folk and don't know nuthin bout stuff outside of our small inbred towns and if it ain't happening in a WWF ring, well I just ain't interested.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Contacted by Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory&

Post by SubLunar »

Right, because stargates and blinking orbs and shit are a lot more believeable.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: Contacted by Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory

Post by Nicotti »

~YoU~€iT¥~ wrote:Nothing in this world works according to logic.

As for the grammar part, that just tells me they probably didn't get indoctrinated with all the other BS they teach you in school. Ive met a lot of people who cant spell for shit that are ten times smarter than doctors and lawyers I know. Try getting off and island using grammar smart guy. I swear that the farther you go in school the dumber you actually become. For instance , we are taught that human civilization has only evolved with our technology but that is clearly not the case. If you take a look you will see that the The farther back in time you go with the native Americans you will find that they get more and more sophisticated with there technology. Anybody ever noticed that? Not to mention the whole thing about the pyramids being built. Also how did all of these primitive tribes of people have the stars mapped out before the Hubble telescope? I'm not talking about the ones you can see with out it by the way. Just some food for thought.
-You have a poor grasp of logic.
-How many doctors & lawyers do you know?
-Street smarts and book smarts aren't comparable.
-People in history went to school, attended universities, and entered into apprenticeships to get their knowledge. The average unskilled person, who didn't get an education of some form, did manual labor of some sort.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I could go with you WR, and I could look like Crispin Glover and play with some rats just to make it fun!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

Willard wrote:I could go with you WR, and I could look like Crispin Glover and play with some rats just to make it fun!
Ha, that would be hilarious.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Willard wrote:I could go with you WR, and I could look like Crispin Glover and play with some rats just to make it fun!
I would absolutely love for you to go, actually, and to wear something strange.

Also, if anyone else is interested in tagging along, Jesse Ventura is going to be down here and there's a chance of him going with us or meeting him. He may be doing interviews elsewhere in SWMO for the show, though, so no guarantees.

I'm trying to get a hold of the Exploring Izard County guys, because this is their neck of the woods and they know the status of the cave right now better than I do (I haven't been there in years), but so far none of them have responded. So, if anyone knows any of those guys, please tell them I'm trying to get a hold of them.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

I couldn't in good conscience not volunteer to go. let me know when this is happening.
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for places I should take them, I'm all ears.

They're interested in any place that's like man-made tunnels, underground areas, especially anything with a government connection, etc. They were real interested in the tunnels under Eureka Springs that go to all the buildings there, but there was no practical way to get them in there.

Stuff like that.