Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

CAVES
View previous topic | View next topic  
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
Member for: 4 years, 1 monthThe Clit Commander

Locations: SPRINGFIELD, MO
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: CAVES Reply with quote

Well fuck him.... I hate people like that. Is it accessable while avoiding people?
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Member for: 2 years, 6 monthsOfficial Board Stalker

Locations: Primarily Mo, but also Ks, Ok, Ark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: RE: CAVES Reply with quote

I cant say i blame the owner, but i do wish he was more trusting, even it was to meet an explorer and give them a chance if he feels comfortable that way, or even a tour. Smile
azr3al
0-99 Poster
Member for: 2 years, 4 months0-99 Poster

Locations: United States

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: RE: CAVES Reply with quote

Apparently he's been burnt by too many people, promising all kinds of shit, and then just raping his trust. He said he had the MSM spelunkers out there, good relationship for a while, then they brought out 40 people one time, during a hard rain. The rain floods the cave, and it becomes very dangerous.

Another time, two old ladies and their grandchildren wanted to have a "picnic" in the cave. He hears all kinds of banging and loud noises from the cave. When he gets inside the cave, they are fucking chipping away at the walls, looking for gold??? Then they have the gall to get pissed at him for saying get the hell off my property lol.

I don't blame him, but it fucking sucks. One of us needs to gain his trust or some shit. It's too close to his house to risk sneaking in for me.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: RE: CAVES Reply with quote

aww....yes, from the google satellite it did look close. bummer, oh well on to the next adventure. Smile
itscaramel
0-99 Poster
Member for: 4 years, 1 month0-99 Poster

Locations: Northwest AR

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: RE: CAVES Reply with quote

Hey! Heard of Wonderland Cave in Bella Vista, AR? It used to be an old nightclub. My grandpa used to hang out there in its time. From Cooper Elementary School in Bella Vista, go up the hill (right at the fork) onto Dartmoor. Before the hill gets steep (there are houses toward the top), there will be exposed red rock to your left. There is a pulloff directly across from the cave to your right. The cave entrance is on the road, so pull your car off to the left and hid it behind the foliage. I've never seen police there, but it recently sold (someone wants to make it into a restaurant), so they might be watching it. There is a building facing the road. On the right side, there is an open window. You'll crawl through here, turn to your right, and go down the stairs. BRING FLASHLIGHTS. The steps are slick. Continue down the stairs all the way back until you get to the dance floor/booths. It's pretty torn up from kids being back there, but it's beautiful. I've never made it past there.
The problem with opening it up is that there is no other exit. Legally, there are issues with it being publicly open. That's why the red rock is open... They were trying to make another entrance/exit.

Have fun!!!
liesreality
Official Board Stalker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: RE: CAVES Reply with quote

Does sound a great place to check out. I was told the police now monitor that dirt area you mentioned right past the cave, any truth to that?

I hope to eventually see the place.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
Member for: 4 years, 1 monthThe Clit Commander

Locations: SPRINGFIELD, MO

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CAVES Reply with quote

It's on the list.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: CAVES Reply with quote

Found this, not sure it's been posted.
http://www.mospeleo.org/docs/cave_map_stats/cave_map_stats_1900_to_2006.xls

Love the names of some of the caves:
Separation Anxiety Cave
Random Act of Karst Cave
Angry Cow Cave

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2