Post one thing that made you sad today

You can talk about anything here
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Post one thing that made you sad today

Post by Nicotti »

Yeah I never really like Temple of Doom that much. I'd say Last Crusade is my favorite and Raiders is second favorite.

The evil nazi chick is Last Crusade is hot.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Yesterday I was sad.

I went to the Thai food place across the street and got a some pad thai and the miso soup.

The soup smelled a little weird.. actually, just like a wet golden retriever. I ate it anyway.

One hour later and it was emergency time. To someone outside the stall I was sitting in, it might have sounded like the world record for most forceful, longest piss. Really though, I was peeing out my ass. There was the dog smell again.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

crazydrummerdude wrote:Yesterday I was sad.

I went to the Thai food place across the street and got a some pad thai and the miso soup.

The soup smelled a little weird.. actually, just like a wet golden retriever. I ate it anyway.

One hour later and it was emergency time. To someone outside the stall I was sitting in, it might have sounded like the world record for most forceful, longest piss. Really though, I was peeing out my ass. There was the dog smell again.
Sounds to me like your ass was sad. And forcefully wept bitter, bitter tears.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Post one thing that made you sad today

Post by RedRook »

I found a new source of topo maps, and they don't have any markings for caves where I want there to be markings for caves on very old maps. :(
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

I love the show Portlandia, and I'm in love with Carrie Brownstein.

Right now, they're filming on location.. where I just was. My friend was bored and wanted to leave.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I tried watching portlandia once. It seemed a little too head-up-ass-fart-sniffing-hipstery for me.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I'm getting a small bonus from work which doesn't make me sad.

I built my main music/photo/video computer (AMD) back in 2006 with Windows XP using a Delta 1010LT sound card and Adobe Audition 3 for my recording needs. And I still use all the same stuff... 10 years later.

So I was planning to take some of that bonus and upgrade my shit. Audition keeps crashing on me and I'd like to get into a 64 bit OS that can support new softwares. My plan was to get Propellerhead Reason 8. So I downloaded the trial and installed win7x64 on a spare drive. Doesn't work. I've tried everything. Sound card doesn't play nice with this stuff. I even scrounged around and came up with an intel board of roughly the same specifications. Still no dice.

Can't afford to get a new motherboard/CPU/RAM and Reason 8. So it looks like I'm stuck using Windows XP and Adobe Audition 3 for the foreseeable future..
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Re: RE: Post one thing that made you sad today

Post by redox »

SubLunar wrote:I'm getting a small bonus from work which doesn't make me sad.

I built my main music/photo/video computer (AMD) back in 2006 with Windows XP using a Delta 1010LT sound card and Adobe Audition 3 for my recording needs. And I still use all the same stuff... 10 years later.

So I was planning to take some of that bonus and upgrade my shit. Audition keeps crashing on me and I'd like to get into a 64 bit OS that can support new softwares. My plan was to get Propellerhead Reason 8. So I downloaded the trial and installed win7x64 on a spare drive. Doesn't work. I've tried everything. Sound card doesn't play nice with this stuff. I even scrounged around and came up with an intel board of roughly the same specifications. Still no dice.

Can't afford to get a new motherboard/CPU/RAM and Reason 8. So it looks like I'm stuck using Windows XP and Adobe Audition 3 for the foreseeable future..
Have you tried mounting win7x64 on a virtual box interface and running the software from there? ..that platform might just mediate those conflicts for you. https://www.virtualbox.org/
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I've considered it but I'm guessing that I would have a bunch of latency issues and whatnot. Not worth the effort without knowing for sure it will work. Latency while recording is very important to keep to zero or close to zero. I'm still chugging along on my old rig I just wish I could get some new stuff on there and expand my creative horizons.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

And today I'm sad because I'm fucking covered in poison ivy. I went gathering wood over the weekend and must've found a poison ivy vine among the sticks. 2nd worst poison ivy rash ever. It's on almost all of my parts. Little jimmy included. Face, eyelids, lips. Fucking itchy as fuck.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Poison ivy sucks, hope you get better soon dude!

I bet this Poison Ivy sucks, too.
Preservation over plunder.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Had to run an errand. Left work with perfect amount of time.

Crank car over, usually takes 2 seconds. Any longer and it floods.

It flooded. Wait. Try. It's worse. Wait longer. Loosen intake boot to let it breath/evaporate. Try. No bueno.

Do this for a little over a half hour.

Walk home, past the store I needed to go to.

5 minutes after they close.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Went to a unique event today. Lots of people taking selfies and whatnot.

I was standing among a group of cops and asked one to take my picture for me. He snapped a couple and handed it back to me.

I checked and It was literally almost 100% just of me. The thing I was there to see was nowhere visible in the picture, except for one of the rear wheels of the trailer it was on.

Yes. I totally wanted a picture of me and a wheel.

Man, people take shitty pictures.