Old Kansas Mansion - Baldwin City, KS

Urban exploration in Kansas
MarkDunn
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Old Kansas Mansion - Baldwin City, KS

Post by MarkDunn »

I'm a noob here,and have REALLY enjoy everyone's post. I thought I would share some of my stuff

On New Years day, me and my "photog soulmate" were given permission to photog an old house in Prairie City, Kansas. Built in the 1860's, this house is just left to decay. The added bonus was the discovery of a gravesite of two infants that were buried behind the house in the 1860's.

Prairie City, KS is no longer a real town, just a small area south of Lawrence, KS near the Battle Of Blackjack historical marker. The Battle of Blackjack was considered the first battle of the Civil War. John Brown, and other free state supporters supposedly camped very near this home sight before engaging in battle.

Here's a link to my Flickr post. I hope everyone can view it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33018615@N ... 075580076/
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Old Kansas Mansion - Baldwin City, KS

Post by SubLunar »

Excellent.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: Old Kansas Mansion - Baldwin City, KS

Post by GlassCurtain »

Wow that's an awesome house! Do you have anymore interior shots? Looks like the house is still pretty solid.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
MarkDunn
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by MarkDunn »

I did have some more interior shots, but they were on a usb drive that crashed....unfortunately.
The10ck
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by The10ck »

Mark i sent you a pm, if you still have the flash drive and haven't formatted it. Pictures could still be recovered.