Vacant St. Louis Schools

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Shemp72
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Vacant St. Louis Schools

Post by Shemp72 »

Just drove around this area an hour ago. Besides the aforementioned school and bank, there at least three other buildings within close vicinity that look fairly accessible. My thinking tells me that the cops will give even less shits on Thanksgiving day...bet it'll be even more of a ghost town than it was today.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Vacant St. Louis Schools

Post by SubLunar »

yeah thanksgiving has been good to us in the past. I remember there being some big warehouses there that looked vacant but were not, at the time we were there at least. Good luck.
Shemp72
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by Shemp72 »

So you were at whs when the pd stopped you?

Ha, I almost forgot. When you dogs are living there, like wild dogs or what?
cdevon1200
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cdevon1200 »

Shemp72 wrote:So you were at whs when the pd stopped you?

Ha, I almost forgot. When you dogs are living there, like wild dogs or what?
i was facing the auditorium entrance with my back to the street.

the dogs (should) be spooked off if you make a good amount of noise entering the bank, but they will stay close to the area . 3 pits, or pit mixes. strays, not feral.
leave nothing but beer cans, take nothing but selfies.

https://www.facebook.com/TheTexasDoor
Shemp72
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by Shemp72 »

Just hit both these sites this afternoon. Cop drove right past us in front of W.H.S. Neighborhood was mostly void of people. Would post some pics, but my photobucket is full. Needs new web photo storage.

Thanks for the heads up on these sites, cdevon1200. Made for a great Thanksgiving day UE. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Shemp72 wrote:Just hit both these sites this afternoon. Cop drove right past us in front of W.H.S. Neighborhood was mostly void of people. Would post some pics, but my photobucket is full. Needs new web photo storage.

Thanks for the heads up on these sites, cdevon1200. Made for a great Thanksgiving day UE. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
I believe Flickr is still offerring free 1TB hosting for new users. And a happy turkey day to you too.
Shemp72
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by Shemp72 »

Thanks for the heads-up, just started my Flickr a few minutes ago, uploading pics right now.
cdevon1200
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cdevon1200 »

yeah... I quit photobucket a while ago.1 account has like 7 k pics and is 60% full the other has less than 1k and is 90% full... I use tumblr.com to load 1 or 2 pics anat a time and grab the link from the right click "copy img url" choice. also, facebook has limited img host ability, but I just post a few here and add the link to the set from my facebook page.

and, glad y'all hit up the school and bank today, cant wait for pics!
leave nothing but beer cans, take nothing but selfies.

https://www.facebook.com/TheTexasDoor
mpbaker22
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mpbaker22 »

Made it to a few places this past weekend. Here's the pictures I have from the schools. Unfortunately, my camera died, so these are all taken on my cell phone camera (which is awful). The first are from the Cleveland school which has been pretty well decimated in the last 5 years. All the others are from another school, but it was in very good condition, so I won't be revealing the location.

Has anyone had issues with alarms? I was in the cleveland school for all of 15 minutes when an alarm started going off. I really wanted to get up in the turrets, but barely got past the first few rooms. I was shocked to see the kitchen still had lights on given the state of the building. There's another school within walking distance of my apartment that I want to go to, but it has cameras and alarms, so I'm trying to figure out how to circumvent that.
archinstl
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by archinstl »

I thought Cleveland was the site of the Naval Jr. ROTC unit - guess it moved, huh?
That was a fine old school way back...
theweird
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Vacant St. Louis Schools

Post by theweird »

archinstl wrote:I thought Cleveland was the site of the Naval Jr. ROTC unit - guess it moved, huh?
They moved it to the Old southwest building on S Kingshighway and arsenal along with CVPA
mpbaker22
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Vacant St. Louis Schools

Post by mpbaker22 »

archinstl wrote:I thought Cleveland was the site of the Naval Jr. ROTC unit - guess it moved, huh?
I was wondering about that. I'd say 1/4 of the lockers had Marines or Navy bumper stickers stuck to them. I think I read it moved around 2008 or so, and that's when the Cleveland school became unoccupied.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

There's a school near vandeventer and 64 that is secure and alarmed that I've wanted to get into for ages.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
dundahmifflin
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by dundahmifflin »

Along with a few others, I explored Carr Elementary around early November. Very lovely place. Easy to get in, easy to get out, and there are so many great shots from when you enter.
mpbaker22
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mpbaker22 »

Nicotti wrote:There's a school near vandeventer and 64 that is secure and alarmed that I've wanted to get into for ages.
I live close to the one on Arsenal right at the border of Maplewood. I've wanted to go for a while, but it looks quite secure.