City property question

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Robzilla
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: City property question

Post by Robzilla »

We had a guy in Springfield that got a jaywalking ticket for crossing the street directly in front of the courthouse steps. (the crosswalk is down the street a bit). He then went with a video camera and taped the end of the shift at the jail, when every single guard walks across the street straight from the courthouse steps to the parking lot. Then I seem to recall he got in some trouble for videotaping jail guards.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

Yeah same here, but school even sent out an email saying that Rolla Police were going to start cracking down on jaywalking and I know of several people who've complained about getting tickets for it.
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

Driving downtown here sucks a lot of the time because people are too lazy/stupid to use the crosswalks. There actually is a reason they put them there, and it's not like it's going to hurt anyone to walk a few extra steps.

That said, we all jaywalk sometimes, but when it's a high traffic area/time it would be nice if pedestrians didn't just randomly dart into traffic.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: City property question

Post by crazydrummerdude »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:Yeah same here, but school even sent out an email saying that Rolla Police were going to start cracking down on jaywalking and I know of several people who've complained about getting tickets for it.
I think I'd wipe my ass with it and send it back to them.
colony
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: City property question

Post by colony »

Couldn't you, you know, run away? I mean, they aren't going to chase you down for jaywalking.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

my thoughts exactly.
testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: City property question

Post by testube »

Another idea is to check the municipal code. Some cities actually list the areas that are considered "off-limits" and that warrant trespassing violations. If the area you're interested in is not on the list, print it off and take it with you as insurance - just in case. If you call first and ask them for permission, and they say "no", you're less likely to be able to play dumb if you get caught later.

As for jaywalking, most of the cops I see nowadays appear to be pregnant, and probably aren't gonna chase you down if you start running. Just watch out for bicycle cops, who tend to be more in shape. ;)