Hey Paul06660

You can talk about anything here
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Hey Paul06660

Post by SubLunar »

The longer you compare/contrast opinions with brouser, the less civilized he becomes (see: past arguments with brouser).

p.s. You'd be surprised upon learning how many pot-smokers you unknowingly encounter on a daily basis. Better?
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: Hey Paul06660

Post by Kit »

I have two 18 year olds and a 12 year old.
Kit wrote:I am old
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Right, but obviously you don't count; His original post referenced proponents of pot and hypothetically questioned their willingness to give it to children. It was a bit of a loaded question anyway...

I'm satisfied with concluding my part in this discussion. No-one has managed to offer one legitimate point that proves or even gives sufficient cause to suspect that weed itself is too harmful to be legal, more harmful than alcohol, etc.

What I have learned is that people who preach open-mindedness about topics they find agreeable are just as quick to justify close-mindedness on topics they don't find to be agreeable.

I should re-iterate that I don't smoke weed, although I have in the past. I'm not the pot crusader, just someone who wanted to challenge views that I considered to be misguiding and/or misinformed.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: RE: Hey Paul06660

Post by BROUSER »

SubLunar wrote:Right, but obviously you don't count; His original post referenced proponents of pot and hypothetically questioned their willingness to give it to children. It was a bit of a loaded question anyway...

I'm satisfied with concluding my part in this discussion. No-one has managed to offer one legitimate point that proves or even gives sufficient cause to suspect that weed itself is too harmful to be legal, more harmful than alcohol, etc.

What I have learned is that people who preach open-mindedness about topics they find agreeable are just as quick to justify close-mindedness on topics they don't find to be agreeable.

I should re-iterate that I don't smoke weed, although I have in the past. I'm not the pot crusader, just someone who wanted to challenge views that I considered to be misguiding and/or misinformed.
Dude, I'm throwing out beach balls and you're swinging at them like they are BBs. I've never said that I'm anti-marijuana legalization. I'm anti-marijuana. Then again, I'm also anti-alcohol, anti-tobacco, and anti-fucking your brain up as recreation. Spoken as someone who has been through rehab. I'm glad you took the time to carefully dissect what I said, but if it had been a frog, you would have gleefully pointed out the hooves. The only thing I can figure is you are more hyped about disagreeing with me than with considering what I'm saying. I've done serious research into marijuana use and it's side effects. I didn't just read the NORML page. And yes, the government exaggerates the ill-effects almost as much as NORML touts the lack thereof. There are unaffiliated studies out there which reflect more accurately the actual impact marijuana has on physiology. The truth, as usual, lies somewhere in the middle. My point is that while there are worse substances than marijuana around, and worse things people can do to themselves, marijuana is not harmless, and I think telling the public that it is essentially harmless is more detrimental than overemphasizing the negative effects. You are more than welcome to deconstruct what I have to say, but please, at least deconstruct what I'm saying and not whatever it is the voices you seem to be hearing are saying.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I have been deconstructing what you said prior to your asking me to do so. I also tried considering what you've said thus far and while there was definitely some high-quality facetious hyperbole action going on, only now have you said anything that makes any sense-that being the part about the truth lying somewhere in the middle. That applies to pretty much everything.

Your quip about voices in my head is cute, but doesn't really apply to anything that's been going on here.

What was "spoken as someone who has been through rehab"?? That sentence fragment threw me off... 8)
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

SubLunar, had I been a butterfly, you would have listened to the voices in your head about my little caterpillar.. and that makes me the champion!
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

I likes to eats the dried scrimps..
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

MONKEYMANN wrote:Tyler....Thanks for injecting your stupid little pussy ass comment into this for no apparent reason.

Its interesting how brave, little keyboard bitches like yourself are, when they aren't standing right in front of the person they're running their mouth off to. Its real easy to run your mouth over the internet, when there are no consequences attached to your actions, other than the exchange of "Typed" words....now isn't it!
What is it you do for a job? Does it involve killing as many people as possible with a single 98lbs round? Does it involve shooting other human beings with a rifle? Or, instead of being a keyboard bitch, are you one of those "real life" bitches? Feel free to grab a rifle in defense of your country and I'll be glad to entertain any illusions you have about being a hardass.
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

Pot is the only thing I do.
I dont even smoke cigarettes.

Pot wont make you go and beat your family black and blue like alcohol will.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

tyler wrote:
MONKEYMANN wrote:Tyler....Thanks for injecting your stupid little pussy ass comment into this for no apparent reason.

Its interesting how brave, little keyboard bitches like yourself are, when they aren't standing right in front of the person they're running their mouth off to. Its real easy to run your mouth over the internet, when there are no consequences attached to your actions, other than the exchange of "Typed" words....now isn't it!
What is it you do for a job? Does it involve killing as many people as possible with a single 98lbs round? Does it involve shooting other human beings with a rifle? Or, instead of being a keyboard bitch, are you one of those "real life" bitches? Feel free to grab a rifle in defense of your country and I'll be glad to entertain any illusions you have about being a hardass.
Are you saying that you're in the Military, and that makes you a tough guy? Or are you just upset that I called you out for being an Asshole and calling me names for no reason, instead of making an effort to add something important to the conversation we were having.
And just the record I served Honaborabley for 6 1/2 year. In General Pattons 2AD. Mecinized Infantry. I've been decorated with the Good Conduct Metal,Army Acchievement Metal, and the Army Accomidation Medal. I've been through Desert Warfare school at Ft Bliss Tx.,I was taught Rear Ares Cmbat Operations by a Ranger form the 75th Ranger Regiment. I completed a Combat Medical Specialiat course a Ft. Sam Houston TX.
So yea...I'd say that Ive grabbed a weapon or two in defense of our country numerious times.
What I haven't done though, is call someone childest names over a simple discullion....which tells me that your still young and probably don't really know anybetter yet.
I DIDN'T SAY THAT YOU SAID THAT I SAID THAT......
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

If you're not one of those Stolen Valor Act lying pieces of shit, then previous statement retracted. Good day to you, soldier.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

And, just for the record, I called you a dumbfuck for acting like a dumbfuck and calling other people names. I don't give a fuck about your politics.
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

tyler wrote:And, just for the record, I called you a dumbfuck for acting like a dumbfuck and calling other people names. I don't give a fuck about your politics.
Ok well then just for the record....Redox was the one who called me a "Fucking Idiot". Thats what started this. I didn't say anything derogatory about anyone until he said that. So don't act like I'm the instigator here. And you obviously "DO" give a fuck, or you wouldn't be here.

And incidently I DON'T play "Armchair Warrior".
6-1/2 yrs U.S. Army
2nd Armord Division (Forward) Garlstedt Germany
(Hell on Wheels)

75th Support Battalion..Sister Unit to the 18th Airborne Corp Ft. Knox, Ky.
I DIDN'T SAY THAT YOU SAID THAT I SAID THAT......
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Thank you for your service
Kit wrote:I am old
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

graffitifetish wrote:
BROUSER wrote:I don't mind the comparisons of pot with alcohol, and saying one is better than other is like saying death by cyanide is better than death by hemlock. But I hate those people that try to convince me that it is harmless, or even good for me. I wonder if those people encourage their kids to smoke, or even further, smoke with their kids? How many people on here would/do smoke with their kids, either real or hypothetical?
Oooh! I would have a child specifically so I could teach it to smoke! I'd take it to parties.
LMAO!

FTR, I don't do illegal drugs these days and I rarely touch alcohol. I would never encourage my kids do ANY drug, legal or illegal, because doing so would make me a shit parent. I smoke cigs and that drops me into "Shitty Parent Land" because kids of smokers are more likely to grow up to become smokers themselves. I don't want that for my kids.

I'm not gonna lie and say I've always been a good girl. I spent a year, back when I knew the meth cook, doing pretty much every drug known to man except heroin. I spent an entire month tripping acid & did enough meth to kill a horse if that gives you any idea how bad it was back then. I was lucky and never got hooked on any of that shit but there are so many out there who can't say the same. When I decided I was done I just walked away with no cravings or anything. I have friends who still dabble in the illegal shit from time to time. I don't approve but I'm no snitch--the only way I'd report them is if they were smoking foils around their kids or leaving their shit out where their kids could get into it. I offer them advice about quitting but I don't push them to quit. They have to quit when they're ready.

When I talk about drug use, I'm not talking out of my ass--I'm speaking from experience. I have NEVER seen marijuana cause negative effects on the same level that I've seen alcohol cause. I have, however, seen plenty of good, upstanding citizens with respected careers (doctors, lawyers, teachers for example) toke it up after work to relax. They're probably better at their jobs because they have that outlet, whereas the drinkers have always started fucking up at work and in other areas. That's just my experience and is no way universal.

How many people who are talking shit to/about Paul are guilty of using/abusing legal drugs? Alcohol, cigarettes, prescription Xanax, muscle relaxers, pain pills? Don't answer, just think about the question before throwing those stones.