New guy in Tulsa..

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: New guy in Tulsa..

Post by Fiend »

JAC wrote:Fiend - Awesome! Do you know if they are like hardcore caves or if they are more just like an indentation in a rock?
I actually..... Have no idea ha.

As for ORU, well, I know alot of people who go to school there, and I know the security there is laughable. Its been on my list for a long time now, especially since I live just a couple miles away from it. Tunnels do exist there, its just a matter of finding them and getting inside.
Last edited by Fiend on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: New guy in Tulsa..

Post by JAC »

haha aight.. yah, I just started going to school there and everyone is like "Yeah, there's tunnels" but no one seems to know where they are. :P
VBJag
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by VBJag »

JAC wrote:haha aight.. yah, I just started going to school there and everyone is like "Yeah, there's tunnels" but no one seems to know where they are. :P
Because they have to keep them secret. The lizard people demand so.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

JAC wrote: everyone is like "Yeah, there's tunnels" but no one seems to know where they are. :P
Typical... Screw em, just look for them, then when you find em, dont tell anyone where they are.

There are two types of tunnels on that campus; steam and utility tunnels, and tunnels specifically designed to transport people from building to building underground. There is even a large tunnel from the campus to the city plex towers on the south side of 81st.
JAC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: New guy in Tulsa..

Post by JAC »

Haha alright :D Ooh nice. I'm definitely going to try to find the one that goes to city plex
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

JAC wrote:Haha alright :D Ooh nice. I'm definitely going to try to find the one that goes to city plex
Good luck, it may be sealed off. Also, watch out for motion detectors! Especially in steam/utility tunnels.
JAC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JAC »

whoa motion detectors? dang,....thanks for the heads up.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Yup, they dont want just anyone poking around ya know.

Also, check out these if you havent already.

http://www.uer.ca/forum_showcats.asp?fid=1

http://www.abandonedok.com/forum/
JAC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JAC »

:D I've checked them both out actually.. on the UER one was where I found out about the two tunnels that I've since explored (the 4-way tunnel and the elm creek station). Do you have a facebook? I've got my pics up on there if u want to see them.
Quick question about the Abandoned Oklahoma site: Would you recommend paying the $10 and buying that map?
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

I was gonna say, your avatar pic looks like its from the 4 way. And "Elm Creek Station", FTW! That name we gave it is an inside joke btw haha.

Well, you have two options with buying the maps on there. 1. You could buy them and find out where everything is. 2. You could sweet talk me into givin you the locations to everything on that site, plus the locations that arent listed on the map ;)

As for facebook, well I'll send ya a pm.
JAC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JAC »

haha yup :D
Hmm...option 2 sounds like the better option :)
Have you done much exploring in North Tulsa?
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

JAC wrote: Have you done much exploring in North Tulsa?
Oh yes, that's where a lot of the more interesting stuff is. Though I would use the buddy system if you plan on pilling around that area. Just dont ever go at night, the north side is CRAWLING with cops at night.
JAC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JAC »

oo sweeet.... how about the gangs? Do they tend to congregate in the drains? Haha, I thought the cops stayed out of north tulsa
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Gangs aren't heavy here, but we do have em. They are really only around the north side (where alot of cops patrol at night). Just dont go in drains at night, on the north side, and you'll be good. Really the worst you'll run into are taggers around here, and if you do encounter them in a drain, just run deeper inside, they are usually whimps that are afraid of the dark scary tunnels.
JAC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JAC »

ahh okay..sounds good :D thanks man