Subway station in Tulsa?

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Subway station in Tulsa?

Post by bugo »

I've heard rumors that a subway was planned for Tulsa and a station was completed but the project was canceled. Supposedly you can reach this subway station via one of the many tunnels that run underneath Tulsa. Has anyone heard any proof one way or the other about this subway?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: Subway station in Tulsa?

Post by Willard »

I have no clue, but I just did a google search for Tulsa Subway station and this post is officially number 4 on the list!
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Subway station in Tulsa?

Post by Fiend »

I'm afraid it may be the result of some very unexperienced people finding a large junction room in a storm sewer and thinking it was part of an old subway station. From what I have heard about it, that must be it. So, total BS in other words. BUT, I could be wrong...

Someone claimed to have been in tunnels with lots of graffiti and found a "train platform" and of course thought it was an old subway. I'm 90% sure I know what tunnels they are talking about.

If this "subway" actually does exist, I'll find it.

Here is a picture of the room I was talking about, the left side is an "elevated platform", and the right side could be confused with a subway tunnel, but it is definitely NOT, its been an underground creek ever since it was built in the early 20's.

bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by bugo »

Thanks for the info and that great picture. I can see how somebody might think it was a subway station.

I found a thread on abandonedOK.com that you posted regarding a rumored underground stadium in Tulsa. Have you found any more info on it? That would be a hell of a find.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Subway station in Tulsa?

Post by Fiend »

bugo wrote: I found a thread on abandonedOK.com that you posted regarding a rumored underground stadium in Tulsa. Have you found any more info on it? That would be a hell of a find.
Uh, well, I did find it. But its more of the undergound OF a stadium rather than an underground stadium. Thats a hint if you are familar with Tulsa history, specifically the early 50's.

Its completely sealed off and hasnt seen the light of day in about 50+ years. I'm currently trying to find a way in, but so far nothing.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Willard wrote:I have no clue, but I just did a google search for Tulsa Subway station and this post is officially number 4 on the list!
You know, I've been noticing that whenever I google things mentioned on UO, any topics from here are usually in the top ten or so results, and usually have better info than you'll find elsewhere. The internet must think we know what we're talking about.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

Fiend wrote:
bugo wrote: I found a thread on abandonedOK.com that you posted regarding a rumored underground stadium in Tulsa. Have you found any more info on it? That would be a hell of a find.
Uh, well, I did find it. But its more of the undergound OF a stadium rather than an underground stadium. Thats a hint if you are familar with Tulsa history, specifically the early 50's.

Its completely sealed off and hasnt seen the light of day in about 50+ years. I'm currently trying to find a way in, but so far nothing.
Man that would be cool.
"That old hag hates my ass."
buckybear
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by buckybear »

Check the newspaper morgue at the library downtown. I know the site you are talking about. There was a photo of the basement partly exposed where some construction workers broke through into it by mistake. You could see what I think were the big refrigeration motors for the ice rink.
buckybear
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by buckybear »

Check the newspaper morgue at the library downtown. I know the site you are talking about. There was a photo of the basement partly exposed where some construction workers broke through into it by mistake. You could see what I think were the big refrigeration motors for the ice rink.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

buckybear wrote:There was a photo of the basement partly exposed
Now I knew about them breaking into it, but I did NOT know there was a picture!!! Ima gonna look that up! Thanks
Saiurie
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Saiurie »

Fiend wrote:I'm afraid it may be the result of some very unexperienced people finding a large junction room in a storm sewer and thinking it was part of an old subway station. From what I have heard about it, that must be it. So, total BS in other words. BUT, I could be wrong...

Someone claimed to have been in tunnels with lots of graffiti and found a "train platform" and of course thought it was an old subway. I'm 90% sure I know what tunnels they are talking about.

If this "subway" actually does exist, I'll find it.

Here is a picture of the room I was talking about, the left side is an "elevated platform", and the right side could be confused with a subway tunnel, but it is definitely NOT, its been an underground creek ever since it was built in the early 20's.

HAHA no this is not it, awesome pic but this is not what people are talking about. everyone that frequents the tunnels knows of this location for this is ware we have the raves. this is just off the 21st street entrance down on riverside. and the subway platform is more downtown. it is sealed off and takes some ninga skills to get to i know of one guy that made it there and they found it by accident going in some tunnel they thought they was gonna get stuck in. but this was before camera was on everyone phone in everyone hand so the only picture is from a film camera some ware ill see what i can do to try to get a copy of it. it was the guy i know with a couple of his friends that i dont know. after finding it they went and dug up old articals and researched it. they started it underground and lost the funding so the station was never complete nor did it ever get started above ground. but this is deft not what people that to be the subway station this is just a junction this is not even a mile into the tunnel just a few blocks in. very easy to get to. the platform allows us to set up equipment for when we do have raves under there and there is a bar just a ways up that they drop extension cords down from for the sound sys. technically the tunnel is listed as a "public Creek" so the police cant run us off. BTW this post is now number one in the search.
Saiurie
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Saiurie »

that is also an old photo judging from the graffiti
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Saiurie wrote:that is also an old photo judging from the graffiti
Like 2010 old? :wink:
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Saiurie wrote: i know of one guy
Resurrected yet again! Strangely enough this isn't this first time of heard of this "guy" and his group of friends. This is how I first heard about this, but it was from a 3rd party. So you actually know this person? Hell, I probably know them and just didn't know it... I sent you a pm