Washington Park Cemetary

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

RE: Washington Park Cemetary

Post by Mandi Milenko »

...and another thing. News stations show horribly gruesome pictures of dead or maimed animals on a weekly basis. So why is it that my pictures are taboo because they are of a human? They are way less gruesome than the poor animals they show. It gets to the point where I have to change the station until they finish the story sometimes.

Or what about the Bodies exhibit? You PAY to walk around and look at/take pics of dead people. I'm just sayin.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Having seen her pics, I don't think Mandi did anything wrong. The one shot that had her friend in it wasn't posed, she just happened to be looking in the opposite side Mandi was at when she took the pic.

I think most people would have been curious enough to investigate it, I know I would have. It's not every day you come across exposed human remains in run-down cemeteries. And given that they'd been buried for like 100 years now, that would make me wonder what state it was in by now.

I think she was behaving in accordance with the role of a vigilante investigative reporter armed with a camera. I don't believe she crossed any lines and I found it interesting.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Oh, and just to clarify, when I say I'm not religious, it doesn't mean that I don't believe in God, or a heaven and hell, etc. I just think the best way for me to worship him is not in a church that WE built, but in the nature that HE built. There's too much corruption in the churches. When I'm walking in the woods alone, it's just me and him. You know what I mean?
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Washington Park Cemetary

Post by SubLunar »

Mandi Milenko wrote: Or what about the Bodies exhibit? You PAY to walk around and look at/take pics of dead people. I'm just sayin.
I think it was NPR that ran a story about one of those exhibits. First there was Body Worlds, then there was a copycat called just "Bodies" or something.

The copycat one was accused of using bodies from illicit sources, some were saying that the bodies were actually executed Asian prisoners or various other dead persons who certainly did not give consent to be on display.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I went to one of those exhibits and my plan was to bring along a bag of beef jerky to eat while wandering through the exhibits.

But they didn't allow food inside... :cry:
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Thank you Sub! My point exactly! I did not take my pics for monetary gain whatsoever.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

SubLunar wrote:I went to one of those exhibits and my plan was to bring along a bag of beef jerky to eat while wandering through the exhibits.

But they didn't allow food inside... :cry:
Lmao! That would have been awesome! :lol:
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Washington Park Cemetary

Post by ropingk »

or knawing on a leg bone would ahve been fun
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
t7
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by t7 »

Eagle90 wrote: Protestants believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
The immaculate conception is different from the virgin birth, it should be noted.
monkey1976
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by monkey1976 »

Mandi Milenko wrote:I'm not religious at all, but I'm just throwing this out there. If its ok to look into an open casket at a funeral where you know the person, why is it not ok to be curious about an unearthed 90-year-old body of someone you don't know? People take pictures of dead bodies at funerals. Wrong as it may be, I have seen it happen, right in front of their family members. Also, I'm sure embalmers take before-and-after pics of their work too. Crime scene investigators also take pics. It's not like this kid's pictures are the worst things I've ever seen online. I've seen much, much worse.
It's the sense in which it's done. If it's done with respect for the person, then I don't see a problem. If it's done without respect, then I can see a problem.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I don't believe Mandi was disrespectful, based on her photos. She merely took photos of an unusual scene and shared them with us.
monkey1976
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by monkey1976 »

SubLunar wrote:I don't believe Mandi was disrespectful, based on her photos. She merely took photos of an unusual scene and shared them with us.
I agree - I thought her photos were very tasteful.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

t7 wrote:
Eagle90 wrote: Protestants believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
The immaculate conception is different from the virgin birth, it should be noted.
Ok Ill ask whats the diffrence------ to me immaculate conception is when the holy ghost touched Mary and she became with child and while this could happen to anyone virgin or not in this case it was a virgin who had been UNTOUCHED be man
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Most offensive statement contest:
Jesus had brothers and sisters. Joseph took sloppy seconds.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

you know i have had arguments with PREACHErs who said they he never had any brothers and sisters
but i agree he did and Oh you are going to hell sorry lololo