Chain of Rocks Water Intake towers?

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
altron
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Chain of Rocks Water Intake towers?

Post by altron »

Has anyone ever been able to explore the old Chain of Rocks water intake buildings?

http://www.cruisin66.com/images/cor_3.jpg

I have always wondered what those places look like on the inside. Only problem is that I couldn't even imagine how you could climb up to the buildings to get inside. Seems a bit dangerous, but that just makes it more rewarding once you make it. :wink:
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: Chain of Rocks Water Intake towers?

Post by cobcob »

This has been gone over many times do a search on the forum... I don't know of anyone that has breached the towers...
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Yeah, they're no big deal..

:lol:
altron
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by altron »

Hmmm. Im surprised I looked past older posts about this. Thanks for letting me know. I guess i'll do more research. Somebody get in there and take pictures! After seeing the album of you guys navigating dark flooded basement caves with deep black holes in the floorboards underneath Falstaff, I have faith that its at least somewhat possible to get in there. :roll:
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

several things come into play
first you will need a boat
second it is big time a no trespassing area
Form what i have heard its just a bunch of big old rusty pipes
did I mention you need a boat and some one to stay with said boat
oh and dont get busted it would be really a bad deal
I know it says that they were living quarters and to be honest Id love to get inside but there is that boat + water+ current+ river patrol+ they are probably locked

did you see the post where the river was so low__or it traveled a different path that some people were actually walking to them???

I think Chris was out best bet and even he decided it was not worth the hassle

but hey if you go get us some pics
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Here are a couple to get you started:

viewtopic.php?t=5535

viewtopic.php?t=805
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

The problem isn't that they'd be hard to get to...the problem is that getting caught there would be...

A. Extremely likely.

B. Result in post 9/11 terrorism messing-with-the-water-supply type bullshit.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Here's my proposal...

1. Raise the Inaugural
2. Restore the Inaugural
3. Storm the towers from the Inaugural using the guns for defence
4. ?????
5. Profit
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

cobcob wrote:Here's my proposal...

1. Raise the Inaugural
2. Restore the Inaugural
3. Storm the towers from the Inaugural using the guns for defence
4. ?????
5. Profit
I'm in! Lets do this!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

im in Ill send you guys $10 if you do paypal
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by lzrturbo91 »

it wouldn't be all that hard... 3 man team 1 lookout from bridge and the second from the park you would use a kayak and get threw the current and bring the boat part of the way up the tower with you since they are like 55lbs... and bring bolt cutters with you and gain entrance and snap some shots and gtfo. mission done... i think i could do this with minimal risk... but then again most people don't think like i do nor are they crazy enough to try.. ( disclaimer: first off you should not ever listen to me, 2nd this could land you into a multiple felony bracket.. 3rd you could quite possibly die)
MY COUCH PULLS OUT BUT I DONT
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

lzrturbo91 wrote:it wouldn't be all that hard... 3 man team 1 lookout from bridge and the second from the park you would use a kayak and get threw the current and bring the boat part of the way up the tower with you since they are like 55lbs... and bring bolt cutters with you and gain entrance and snap some shots and gtfo. mission done... i think i could do this with minimal risk... but then again most people don't think like i do nor are they crazy enough to try.. ( disclaimer: first off you should not ever listen to me, 2nd this could land you into a multiple felony bracket.. 3rd you could quite possibly die)
4th there is a remarkable chance for massive financial gain by attempting this mission... Hey Paul, when are you headed to StL next?
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

lzrturbo91 wrote:it wouldn't be all that hard... 3 man team 1 lookout from bridge and the second from the park you would use a kayak and get threw the current and bring the boat part of the way up the tower with you since they are like 55lbs... and bring bolt cutters with you and gain entrance and snap some shots and gtfo. mission done... i think i could do this with minimal risk... but then again most people don't think like i do nor are they crazy enough to try.. ( disclaimer: first off you should not ever listen to me, 2nd this could land you into a multiple felony bracket.. 3rd you could quite possibly die)
I double dog dare you.
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cousin »

I think the best aproach is going to be playing stupid. You and several buddies are fishing, tied up to it and one of you gets bored, cause the fishing is slow. So, instead of that, the bored person goes and recons the site, so something can potentially be done at night/crack of dawn. Doing it during the day will also give a better idea of how long/if water patrol is going to show.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Easiest way. Find a helicopter pilot. hold the chopper in a hover over the tower. Rappel down. Radio the chopper back when you're done. Pilot drops a cable ladder down and you guys are outta there. :)
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/