A very personal question about Oklahoma.

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

A very personal question about Oklahoma.

Post by paul06660 »

So I have almost no knowledge of how things are in Oklahoma. Almost the same can be said about my mom's side of the family.
I drove to Oklahoma City last fall for a funeral and back over I-40 to Arkansas and up to Springfield thru Highway 7 in Arkansas.

Anyways we went thru Muskogee, Oklahoma and while I was there wondered. After all that is where my dad took mom (literally) behind the bush and conceived me. I do belive they were going to an upholstery colledge somewhere around there.

Also when dad went to go see mom's parents he was ran off with a shotgun. Is this really how things are done down there? I mean I thought I was pretty down home country here in Springfield, but my god WTF?
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: A very personal question about Oklahoma.

Post by Scout »

First off,
fter all that is where my dad took mom (literally) behind the bush and conceived me.
maybe I'll be able to get that out of my head in the next dozen-or-so years, but I'm not positive of it. Ever heard of TMI?

Anyways, I worked with an old fukking hippy from Muskogee when I lived down in Okieville. He spent nearly all his extra money on the skunkiest ditchweed he could score. But I digress. We were working down around MacAlester which is probably an hour or more from Muskogee. He said he'd went out to shoot his new pistola over the weekend and was wandering around the countryside, looking for a spot to let go a few rounds. He came upon this log house in the middle of nowhere. There seemed to be dudes with ho's partying there and there was this one guy settin' on the front porch.

He asks the guy, "Where can an old boy do some shootin' around here?"

The dude pulls his own pistol and says, "right here, I reckon," or some such, and lets go a few rounds out into the trees.

So Hippy George pulls his own and starts shootin' right there. I guess the dudes with their ho's didn't mind.

That's how things are done in Oklahoma.
"That old hag hates my ass."
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

paul06660 wrote:After all that is where my dad took mom (literally) behind the bush and conceived me. I do belive they were going to an upholstery colledge somewhere around there.
You might be a redneck if.... Haha, wow, thats classic.

And yes, that sounds a bout right, people dont like taking BS around here, especially in the more "backward" towns like Muskogee. I dont know of anyone in OK that doesnt own or know how to shoot a gun. I myself have run people off with a shotgun, its a good feeling. I have friends living outta town, and when they come into town to visit, the first question they ask is "you wanna go shootin", to which I always reply yes! Hell, we have the largest gun show in the world here in Tulsa. Oh, and ALL counties in Oklahoma vote Republican, deal with it!

The larger cities like Tulsa and OKC are much more civilized, but I wouldnt go pissin off people, we all still own guns in the city, the expensive kind too.
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

Oklahoma is a great place. Kansas is almost as good.
"That old hag hates my ass."
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: A very personal question about Oklahoma.

Post by OKCEXP »

I must say that this is probably the most backwards story I have ever heard about Oklahomans. I don't care what back country any of us come from this is not how Oklahomans are. If your father was ran off with a shot gun there is probably a damn good reason. I suspect that this would be expected in most of the country. Oklahomans are as normal as the people who walk the streets of NYC or LA. We are people of good nature in the face of adversity. We are willing to lend a hand and always stand behind our values. I grew up in Oklahoma City and (gratefully) was afforded the best things that life can offer. I was not raised on a farm or a tenement but rather in a upper middle class home, went to a private school and had a "country club" lifestyle. I was not born under a tree, nor do I own a gun of any kind. But I can say that redneck or not I am proud to be an Oklahoman. I am proud to be an Explorer and hope that you can get over that stigma that everyone has about Oklahoma.
Exploring the off limits of OKC
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Well put.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I will NOT go for the low hanging fruit in this thread.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OKCEXP »

Low hanging fruit is always dead when it falls. I hope you are protecting your Ozarks roots...
Exploring the off limits of OKC
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Scout wrote:First off,
fter all that is where my dad took mom (literally) behind the bush and conceived me.
maybe I'll be able to get that out of my head in the next dozen-or-so years, but I'm not positive of it. Ever heard of TMI?

Anyways, I worked with an old fukking hippy from Muskogee when I lived down in Okieville. He spent nearly all his extra money on the skunkiest ditchweed he could score. But I digress. We were working down around MacAlester which is probably an hour or more from Muskogee. He said he'd went out to shoot his new pistola over the weekend and was wandering around the countryside, looking for a spot to let go a few rounds. He came upon this log house in the middle of nowhere. There seemed to be dudes with ho's partying there and there was this one guy settin' on the front porch.

He asks the guy, "Where can an old boy do some shootin' around here?"

The dude pulls his own pistol and says, "right here, I reckon," or some such, and lets go a few rounds out into the trees.

So Hippy George pulls his own and starts shootin' right there. I guess the dudes with their ho's didn't mind.

That's how things are done in Oklahoma.
This sounds like some deep backward places in Missouri and Arkansas both... Though Arkansas is worse.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Paul...

You're a fucking retard.
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

Come on, its just for fun.

I dont figure everyone in the tri state area was conceved with the behind the bush method.

I supposedly do have civilized family in Tulsa, but I have never met them.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by bugo »

I live in Tulsa and for the most part it's a normal city. There are parts of Oklahoma that are a bit scary. Some parts of the hills of eastern OK are pretty backwards.