Ozark Valley Gas Station

Urban exploration in Missouri
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Ozark Valley Gas Station

Post by Scout »

This is sort of lame but I always wanted to stop at this place about midway between Joplin and Springfield on I44. I don't recall if we ever did when it was in business. We stopped and stretched our legs there the other day and I snapped some pics. Don't know what happened to it. It's pretty well rundown. I doubt it will be under new management...I thought the place was a great example of those tourist traps you'd always see the signs for, maybe a hundred or so miles away before you got there, when I was a kid. "Worth Waitin' For".

"That old hag hates my ass."
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Re: Ozark Valley Gas Station

Post by cousin »

its been closed for atlest 5 years, the owners are actually there quite often, doing what i don't have a freaking clue
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

That's what Jenny and I were guessing. I may have stopped there once or twice, when it was open and just gassed up. I don't remember ever being inside though. We couldn't remember exactly how long it had looked closed. Just ten years ago the place didn't look so bad.

Pretty soon your light display at the Seminary will be up and running...
"That old hag hates my ass."
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

that so reminds me of all the little stores down old 66 they were just really odd cool places to go and shop around
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead