Orphange Graveyard Near Quapaw.

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Orphange Graveyard Near Quapaw.

Post by atron »

Here are some pictures of a rumored orphange graveyard near Quapaw OK just north of I-44. I was told about this from a person who I was chatting with on Spooklight Road a few weeks ago. We found it that night but couldnt really see much from the road. I went back today and took some pics in the light. It looks like there are pieces of the orphange still there and a look out tower type thing. Apparently there has been some satanic activity going on here, or just some local kids with a spray can. Anyways heres the pics. Looks like a cool place to go check out sometime. "Let me know if ya wanna go."
Taggings left on the entrance concrete.

Side View of cemetary and boarded up building.

Closer shot of the headstones. All seem to be pretty old except one on the far right which was 1988 I believe. You can see some leftover rock from part of the orphange behind the back fence.

Looks to be the original road entrance to the yard but now is overgrown. Two of the headstones that I could read from the fence were labeled QUAPAW.
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

RE: Orphange Graveyard Near Quapaw.

Post by bluecookies »

what were the dates on some of the headstones? Doesn't look too old of a place from the pictures. Just wondering.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Some of those headstones look 100 years old to me. Granit has been used for about that long, and longer for some graves... Charles Heer's Main plot oblisk (it's very tall) is black granit and it was placed in 1893.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Post by bluecookies »

I guess I was more looking at the shape of the building than anything. Didn't think of course that the stones could be way older
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

The oldest I could read were 1890's but there might be older ones on the ground. I was told the place was used up until the 60's. And then was closed down due to some mistreatment of the kids. It is basically in the middle of nowhere on Quapaw Nation land. It looks as if someone just quickly cuts the grass every few months maybe.
campscottfreak
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by campscottfreak »

That would be more than a little awesome to go up there and see that, but it's like 3 hours from here. Do you know when it closed down or anything like that? I don't know, I may be planning a trip up there sometime soon! It's a sad place, because it's children in those graves, but it's also really cool! Can you go any farther then the fence? If you can/would then I will definitly be planning a trip up there, but I'm not gonna cross that fence alone!!! Do you know what the name of the orphange was? I wanna look it up some!
Okie from Muskogee (not really but it works!)
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

I never really found any info on the place other than what I was told from a lady on spooklight road. I looked on some of the old maps but didnt find anything. The Miami library probably has something on it but I just haven't had the time to look. It would be really easy to get in but, youd probably need someone to drop you off then pick back up as there is no real place to park anywhere close without raising question from a local.
campscottfreak
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by campscottfreak »

So, is it like out in the middle of no where or what? It'd probably be a little creepy to go out there you know? I'll probably be out there sometime before school starts (about 2 weeks) Is it hard to find?
Okie from Muskogee (not really but it works!)
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

Here's some info, that I believe relates to the site in the pictures. Does anyone know?

Wyandotte OK- Hoffman Mansion - Around the 1920's, A man named Hoffman took several boys into his home. Hoffman later went into a rage and killed all of the boys and then took his own life. The boys and Hoffman are buried in a cemetery on the property. Several instances of hearing someone running through the woods, voices, and footsteps in the mansion. The Mansion was condemned and bulldozed late 1998. The cemetery remains as well as some haunting spirits.
DeeDee
Mrs. Willard
Mrs. Willard

Post by DeeDee »

All i have to say is wow, cool, and interesting.
It's your mom and I helped!!!!