your new uber sweet gear

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: your new uber sweet gear

Post by GlassCurtain »

awesome. where'd you get the grappling hook?

I have a 15 mil CP cyclops as primary, and a cheap garrity as back up (or when the cyclops isn't necessary), and the dorcy as a second backup.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

GlassCurtain wrote:awesome. where'd you get the grappling hook?
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/DBA280-1.html

I love this site, also great for buying ammo and gun parts.
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

RE: your new uber sweet gear

Post by CaveGirl »

I haven't bought it yet, but I'm going to get a PT Apex pretty soon. Have to wait for my student loan money to come in.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

my sweet garden hose.

LUNITECH
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LUNITECH »

Ya i'm a electronics freak,i love technology.Nice light i could use one of those,hell i even built a robot for my need's, here some pics,the best i could do,for what i had.

http://lunitech.webs.com/robotics.htm :twisted:
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

I've got two of the 6P's. They are nice. They are the old style and lower lumens, but I put a 60 or 80 lumens kit (I forget which) in one of them and it makes quite a difference. I'm a flashlight fanatic.
"That old hag hates my ass."
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I usually don't bring a tripod (because it was a broken pos), but now I got a Manfrotto 785b and it's sweet. To tighten the head in any direction you just pull the trigger. I likes it.

adub3n
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by adub3n »

Nice looking tripod Sublunar! I have a pistol grip head on mine, and I really like it. My only complaint is that mine doesn't rotate vertically without a little coercion.

I don't mean it in a bad way, but I'm not yet a flashlight dork. I have a little LED that works and it fits in my pocket, and doesn't draw much unnecessary attention or heat small celestial bodies.

My sweet new gear was the Underarmor cold weather shirt I got for Christmas. Really kept me pretty comfortable on the last trip out in the 17°.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: RE: your new uber sweet gear

Post by GlassCurtain »

adub3n wrote:My sweet new gear was the Underarmor cold weather shirt I got for Christmas. Really kept me pretty comfortable on the last trip out in the 17°.
Wow I had to look up underarmor. I had no idea what it was. It beats the shit out of my old Polypro (Polypropylene) shirts.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

Wow I had to look up AnderArmor. I had no idea what it was. It beats the shit out of my old Polypro (Polypropylene) shirts.[/quote]

not really different for insulating than lots of cheaper stuff. Under Armor is just trendy bullshit....they make sunglasses, and baseball caps, and Capture Scent Technology so you don't smell bad in case you run out of Under Armor deodorant and/or cologne..The shit costs way too much. I made the mistake of buying some UA long undies a few years ago. I never wear it. I hate the shit.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

My shooting team teammates all got underarmor jackets. I didn't waste $100 on a fucking swooshy windbreaker to match them.

If ever own something that says "moisture wicking," kill me.
adub3n
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by adub3n »

Wow ... my bad guys. Let's go back to talking about flashlights. I didn't realize there were such strong opinions on Underarmor. FWIW I got it as a gift and it did keep me warm. Whether or not it kept me as warm as a $10 cotton thermal (or polypro) would have is uncertain. I think they issue polypro in the military. When it comes to "moisture wicking" you can take it or leave it, but if you sweat all day in cotton clothes, particularly socks, you would appreciate some clothes you can wash off in a creek and hang up for a few minutes vs, all night for cotton. A standard Wal Mart polyester "qwik-dry" type shirt probably would work just as well as Underarmor for 1/2 to 1/3 the price but be just as functional.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

adub3n wrote: I think they issue polypro in the military.
Yeah good stuff too. I was in SF years back, and was issued some really great polypro undies and waterproof GorTex coat and coveralls. I rode from Seattle to New Orleans in the dead of winter on a motorcycle, and that shit kept me toasty and dry.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

adub3n wrote:Wow ... my bad guys.
Haha, nothing personal.
activeshooter
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by activeshooter »

CaveGirl wrote:I haven't bought it yet, but I'm going to get a PT Apex pretty soon. Have to wait f or my student loan money to come in.
heck of a choice pt customer support is awesome but check out fenix hp10 hell of a hl for the bread, ps are you with a grotto?