Quarries

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Mackmelt101
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Quarries

Post by Mackmelt101 »

Has any one else heard of the rock quarries around the Ozarks area specificly in the Taney) Christian county on up to Green country and so on both directions connecting a series of underground tunnels? Never been in them myself but I feel ya that absolutely possible. I'm throwing this out. With hopes I'm wrong but I'm curious to know if anyone else out there has heard of human trafficking within these tunnels.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Quarries

Post by Nicotti »

Sure there are underground quarries in all those counties, but they don't connect to each other.

Logistically speaking, it would be easier to traffic people using cars on roads and houses than some actual "underground railroad network".
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Mackmelt101
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Quarries

Post by Mackmelt101 »

I can't not say if they connect or not. Do you have proof?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Are you asking if I have proof that quarries 50+ miles apart aren't connected or that human trafficking is easier above ground?

-Ayn Rand
Mackmelt101
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Mackmelt101 »

Conversation over your not informative no proof no facts just BS
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

If you can't be specific with your requests, I can't be helpful with my answers.

Contrary to popular belief, I can't read minds to know what you want or mean. :P

-Ayn Rand
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

I don't think there too much to read.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

You sound like you’re referencing the “hidden tunnels of the Illuminati are in the ozarks” episode of Jesse Ventura’s old conspiracy theory show. If so, you should know that people from this forum were involved with the making of that episode, and it’s complete bullshit. There is no vast system of interconnected tunnels in the ozarks, I’m sad to say.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Smokehouse
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Smokehouse »

gimpface wrote:You sound like you’re referencing the “hidden tunnels of the Illuminati are in the ozarks” episode of Jesse Ventura’s old conspiracy theory show. If so, you should know that people from this forum were involved with the making of that episode, and it’s complete bullshit. There is no vast system of interconnected tunnels in the ozarks, I’m sad to say.
Proof Gimp? PROOF DAMMIT :lol:
I am the liquor Randy
Headframe Hunters
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Headframe Hunters »

gimpface wrote:You sound like you’re referencing the “hidden tunnels of the Illuminati are in the ozarks” episode of Jesse Ventura’s old conspiracy theory show. If so, you should know that people from this forum were involved with the making of that episode, and it’s complete bullshit. There is no vast system of interconnected tunnels in the ozarks, I’m sad to say.
There actually is, it's just a ways east of there. All the Doe Run mines except Sweetwater and No. 29 are interconnected and span about twenty-odd miles.
In loving memory of Nichole - 12/4/1996 -- 12/1/2017

https://headframehunters.blogspot.com/
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Headframe Hunters wrote:There actually is, it's just a ways east of there. All the Doe Run mines except Sweetwater and No. 29 are interconnected and span about twenty-odd miles.
And you know this from your human trafficking ring?!!

I KNEW IT!!

-Ayn Rand
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

Interesting thread.
"That old hag hates my ass."
thisismyson_hw
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by thisismyson_hw »

has anyone tried getting into the lemay/ruprecht quarry recently? drove by their randomly last night and man was it tempting
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

thisismyson_hw wrote:has anyone tried getting into the lemay/ruprecht quarry recently? drove by their randomly last night and man was it tempting
Beware, dude. https://callnewspapers.com/woman-found- ... uspicious/
thechariot wrote:I highly advise against trekking into the quarry off of lemay ferry. I live very close to this place and it is indeed smack dab in the middle of a police state like area of town. be very careful. entry is easy enough, but once youre in, the gravel and rock give way under your feet very easily, could fall to your death pretty fast. be careful preaze.
JK8489 wrote:A childhood friend of mine, James Mitchell French, fell into the Lemay quarry about 33 years ago. We were about 14 or 15 at the time. He slipped when the gravel gave way. He was with another person. He did not survive.
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

mindwaave wrote:
thisismyson_hw wrote:has anyone tried getting into the lemay/ruprecht quarry recently? drove by their randomly last night and man was it tempting
Beware, dude. https://callnewspapers.com/woman-found- ... uspicious/
thechariot wrote:I highly advise against trekking into the quarry off of lemay ferry. I live very close to this place and it is indeed smack dab in the middle of a police state like area of town. be very careful. entry is easy enough, but once youre in, the gravel and rock give way under your feet very easily, could fall to your death pretty fast. be careful preaze.
JK8489 wrote:A childhood friend of mine, James Mitchell French, fell into the Lemay quarry about 33 years ago. We were about 14 or 15 at the time. He slipped when the gravel gave way. He was with another person. He did not survive.
+1

I tried this location myself not long ago and it became fucked real quick. I got inside the fence easily enough and thought it'd be a piece of cake, just need to go around the perimeter of the lake. I went around the more heavily wooded side to remain hidden and immediately dogs began barking somewhere. I turned around and pretty soon thereafter saw a truck coming around the corner way down on the other end of the site. Had to crawl into some mosquito infested bushes and hide while he slowly drove past, then after forever he turned back around and went back from where he came. It sucked and I do not recommend.