What's a good movie to rent?

You can talk about anything here
Virtus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: What

Post by Virtus »

The Hunter. It's based in Tasmania. The main character is played by William Dafoe and I thought it was a beautiful movie. It made me want to go explore Tasmania and look for Tasmanian Tigers.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: What's a good movie to rent?

Post by SubLunar »

I watched the new Mad Max movie recently.

The entire movie is basically just a car chase with ridiculous over the top stunts all the way through. There was literally no plot, no characters with identifiable personalities whatsoever and the movie ended in a way that only movies can because they're obviously fake.

Also, I've seen a few variations of this on facebook recently and suffice it to say I will not be watching a single one of them. Fucking superhero movies. Blow me.

I recommend Better Call Saul if you liked Breaking Bad, which I also thought was good. Game of Thrones is pretty good so far. Yes I know these are not movies. Who rents movies anymore?
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: What's a good movie to rent?

Post by crazydrummerdude »

SubLunar wrote:I watched the new Mad Max movie recently.

The entire movie is basically just a car chase with ridiculous over the top stunts all the way through. There was literally no plot, no characters with identifiable personalities whatsoever and the movie ended in a way that only movies can because they're obviously fake.
I got about 15 minutes into it before I gave up.
I will not be watching a single one of them. Fucking superhero movies.
I was just saying this to a coworker today.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

It's such a horrible movie. You're spot on.
Supposedly Deadpool is really good. I'll find out tomorrow.

All it takes is the market to go cold and all those will be cancelled or put infinitely on hold. Happened in the 80's.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Although, I couldn't make though the original Road Warrior movie either. Don't think I've watch the Tunderdome yet.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Nicotti wrote:
Deadpool is, in fact, excellent. It's super funny, and the plot doesn't suck balls.
Preservation over plunder.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Mad Dogs on Amazon was pretty amazing. It's really hard to tell in the first episode, because it's painfully slow as it introduces some very mundane characters. From the moment a midget walks in the room with a gun and a cat mask, you can expect to be hooked.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Just watched Unbranded on netflix.

4 dudes ride wild mustangs they adopted from the BLM and proceeded to ride them from Mexico to Canada to prove their worth as good horses that deserve adoption. When we were first watching it, I had hoped it was a multi episode series. But after only like 20 minutes of watching, they were already 58 days into the trip. So much scenery and wild terrain they had to navigate it was a good watch just for that. By the end of it I definitely wished it was longer, showing more of the day to day aspects of what they had to deal with riding a horse across the west. It was a good movie. It'll definitely make you want to ride a horse across the country.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

mindwaave wrote:
Nicotti wrote:
Deadpool is, in fact, excellent. It's super funny, and the plot doesn't suck balls.
+1 I watched it a couple months ago and laughed my ass off. Who knew snarky, inappropriate humor is my thing? Oh wait, I did.

That said, I'm not much a fan of other superhero movies and thus don't watch them.

I watched Mad Max couple weeks ago, I was like the fuck is this shit? Luckily I was crafting and not really paying close attention otherwise I'd've said nah and turned that shit off.

I do like the Ip Man series though, great movies even if they are English subtitled.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:Ip Man
Still need to see those...
Preservation over plunder.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

SubLunar wrote:Just watched Unbranded on netflix.
Just watched this one tonight. Was pretty good, not as gay as I thought. Less Brokeback Mountain and more interesting documentary with cool scenery.

I'd give it Great/10
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:I'd give it Great/10
gr8, m8! Would you r8 it an 8/8?
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Nah 5/7
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Also, I've seen a few variations of this on facebook recently and suffice it to say I will not be watching a single one of them. Fucking superhero movies. Blow me.

I recommend Better Call Saul if you liked Breaking Bad, which I also thought was good. Game of Thrones is pretty good so far. Yes I know these are not movies. Who rents movies anymore?
Yeah I've never been a huge super hero movie fan. Most of them are too over the top for my tastes. Too much action and too many fake explosions. I was a fan of Batman Begins which is funny because that's the one Batman movie it seems that nobody likes.

I've never been a fan of comedies either, which is like some sort of atrocity and unfathomable to some people... idk.

I was wanting to watch Deadpool but it will be a while before I can find it online. That's really the only place I watch movies and strict enforcement of copyright laws in the past year has really been ruining that for me :(

Anyone know of any non-mainstream super secret websites that I'm missing?
aka "That Guy"
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I'm a big fan of horror/scary movies, but it's always difficult to find decent ones. I just watched "lights out" and it was pretty decent. Not without it's faults, but for the most part it did have decent acting and story line. There is no gradual buildup where the first 3/4ths of the movie is cliche jump scares. It gets right to the point.

I also heard that "bye bye man" is a good scary movie. Haven't seen it yet though
aka "That Guy"