Anyone been in this tunnel?

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
bubba
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Anyone been in this tunnel?

Post by bubba »

I work near the airport in Tulsa and have seen this tunnel from Pine street and from Hwy 11. Its really hard to see when the trees have leaves, but in the winter you can catch a glimpse. Looks really cool. Two taller side by side tunnels, heading South West. The tunnels have like a cathedral looking arch to them.
Attachments
tunnels.jpg
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Anyone been in this tunnel?

Post by Fiend »

I havent been in it, but I know what your talking about. I have seen those two tunnels, and I have an idea as to where they go. Now that the weather has started to warm up, I have been meaning to go explore various tunnel systems in Tulsa, and this is on my list. Unfortunately there has been rain, and more to come, which posses a problem for exploring storm water tunnels. If your interested in checking this tunnel system out, send me a pm, I'm always around and up for anything.
bubba
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Anyone been in this tunnel?

Post by bubba »

Heck yeah. I used to do a lot of tunneling out in CA. I moved out here a few years ago and havnt seen anything interesting until recently. There's lots of old cool stuff around town. But yeah, the rain is def not cool. In CA, it never rains so you can go any time of year :p

I am going to see if I can get any of my friends around here interested in doing some serious exploring.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Anyone been in this tunnel?

Post by Fiend »

Awesome. Some serious exploring huh? Now we're talking. There is so much crap to explore in Tulsa. Endless tunnel system everywhere, and plenty of abandoned buildings. Heck, I spend most of my time just going around and collecting a list of places to explore.