I wanna check out dogpatch

Urban exploration in Arkansas
churchofozzy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

I wanna check out dogpatch

Post by churchofozzy »

How hard is it to get in? Haven't been there since 1987, any tips about security or whatever?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Well, from what I've heard about the place, it's not that hard to get into. The main problem is that it's right next to the highway. Rabbit always told me if I ever went there to only go in the summer, because otherwise there's no leaves on the trees and EVERY car driving by will see you unless you're behind a building. But, as far as I know, there's no real security to speak of. People do keep an eye on it, though, just the normal thing with people who see you might call the cops.
Ford Prefect
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Ford Prefect »

The best way to go in is from Marble Falls, the hill that over looks the park. The only catch is that you have to walk down the hill on the tram tracks, this can be one hell of a hike due to all of the jungle like over growth. You could park in the small parking lot next to Hwy. 7, but that is very obvious. Another cool thing about Dog Patch is the Marble Falls resort, which was opened by the same people that opened Dog Patch. I know the resort is still there, but I never went to find it. It is suppost to be right there on the hill, but after a hot day in D.P., I had had enough and wanted to go home. The resort is abandoned and has a hotel, swimming pool, and a bunch of other crap, most interesting is the ill fated ski slope, what kind of jackass would put a ski slope in arkansas? If and when you go, be sure to have a good, complete first aid kit and snake bit kit, there are all kinds of crazy litle varmets all about.
Ryan B.
"Go where you think you want to go, do everything you were sent here for. Fire will and you hear that call, touch your hand to the wall at night." I'm a dork, and if you are a dork too, you just read some of my shit, don't get me wrong though!
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

RE: I wanna check out dogpatch

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I have been to dog patch alot of times i will place some pics from it here when i find them but it is very nice going there.
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Ford Prefect wrote:most interesting is the ill fated ski slope, what kind of jackass would put a ski slope in arkansas?
They had a snow-machine, if I remember right, sort of like Snow Bluff (or whatever that place in Missouri was called before it closed). Still, you gotta question the thinking of the people who built it.

"Skiing in Arkansas? Great idea! Even better, let's put it out in the middle bumblefuck down a little two-lane highway where no one will EVER go! Brilliant!" :P

If they'd just built Dogpatch in Branson, it would still be open today.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Dog Patch was around before Branson was even a big tourist area. Before they tried to build that sky shit it was the best place to go in arkansas, but then they sold out to a company. They ran dogpatch poorly and they crashed it into the ground.
Dogpatch Expert
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Dogpatch is one of thoese ideas who was befor its time it was never ment to be a amusement park it had verry few rides, it is was still running today the way it was originally planned to be ran it would probaly be a very good moeny making project it was just susposed to be a fun get away, the ski slpoe and big resort came later and the biggest problem the owners had was it was suposed to open when Arkansas was having one of the warmest winters on record and the snow machines can not make snow unless the temp is below 32 which that year only happened a few times
If it had been left as the original owners had planned it would still be great :P
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Bad Managment killed dogpatch just like it killed magic springs, but many people ask if magic springs worked why will dogpatch not. Magic springs is so close to Little Rock people from there can travle to it. Dog patch is located in the middle of fucking no where.
Dogpatch Expert
ricrat
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ricrat »

Kind of a waste. When I was a kid Dogpatch was a blast! I bet the owners got too greedy , greed kills everything !!!!
If you don't know where you are going, how will you know when you get there ?
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

When dog patch closed it was not own by private citizens it was own by a big corp. And that corp wanted to make bigger things but did not keep up the old park.

http://users.aristotle.net/~russjohn/at ... patch.html
Read that it has some great Info.
Dogpatch Expert
Sparkle
Stray Cat
Stray Cat

Post by Sparkle »

I have always wanted to makea trip to see this place, I might just have to soemtime next summer :)

As for the "snof bluff" place iin Missouri....Any other info on the WR? :lol:
-=Let them hate, as long as they also fear=-
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: I wanna check out dogpatch

Post by White Rabbit »

Jake616 wrote:As for the "snof bluff" place iin Missouri....Any other info on the WR? :lol:
http://www.ultimateskiguide.com/snowbluff.htm

Here's a link I dug up on it. I think the place has been closed for a few years, but I could be wrong.
Last edited by White Rabbit on Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ricrat
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ricrat »

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know Missouri had a "ski Park". I guess it's closed down too. I guess they should have built it closer to Branson.
If you don't know where you are going, how will you know when you get there ?
churchofozzy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by churchofozzy »

I went to Dogpatch 3 weeks ago, I tried to get my buddy Ricrat to go, but he had his kid. It really was a cool experience, kinda spooky cause I went alone. It was like Planet of the Apes, you bastards! You ruined it all! Here is some tips from my adventure. I went on Sunday early in the morning, I tried to park at Marble Falls and walk down the tram tracks like somebody on this site said, but they must have went in the winter, cause the tracks were totally grown over, couldn't get through that shit with out a chainsaw! So I went back up and noticed 4 wheeler tracks going down the high line (power lines) or to say it better where the Electric wires used to run down into Dogpatch, I went down that away, very steep! (about half way down ran into the biggest damn deer I ever seen in my life, scared the shit out of me and the deer) but I made it. Very cool, I got some pics but with a real camera, will have to scan them to post. It was very disorientating could not remember my way around at all, it was so grown up! I was more afraid of homeless people than the ghost or ferrel dogs(which I didn't see any of). If you go be carefull of the old bridges and such, very spooky! Hell it's getting late gotta go to work in the A.M. If anybody cool on this site wants to go to Dogpatch anytime soon, I would go with ya. Email me at churchofozzy@hotmail.com. I will tell more of my tale later!
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Re: RE: I wanna check out dogpatch

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I was more afraid of homeless people than the ghost or ferrel dogs(which I didn't see any of). If you go be carefull of the old bridges and such, very spooky! Hell it's getting late gotta go to work in the A.M. If anybody cool on this site wants to go to Dogpatch anytime soon, I would go with ya. Email me at churchofozzy@hotmail.com. I will tell more of my tale later!

GHOST I did not know anything of a ghost. Dam now i want to go at night and test the ole ghost tracker.
Dogpatch Expert