abandoned houses in eureka

Urban exploration in Arkansas
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

abandoned houses in eureka

Post by downhil »

are there any eureka locals on here? i know of a couple houses i checked out when i lived there. i'd like to know if they are still there and uninhabited. if anyone is in eureka or around there and would like to check it out i can try and describe how to get there.

bear with me though, it's been over 10 years! im probably coming back up in march to visit, and would like to hook up with some people to go explore.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

RE: abandoned houses in eureka

Post by David Keetz »

i'm a eurekan
...i'm interested..pm me
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

picture where bubba's is. now picture the little street directly across kings highway from there. there may still be a bakery back in there. its kind of an 'L' shaped street. the house is back right near the bend in the L. it is an older 2 story house. there is a shed there and quite a few rooms. i checked it out years ago.

also there is another one by the cemetary that i want to go check out when i come up to visit. ill get in touch with you then.

another thing to check out is down by black bass lake (or the reservoir at the end of johnson spring road). right in front of the dam, there is a hatch that opens to an underground tunnel. im not sure how far it goes or how safe it is (the reservoir was built in 1896) but i never had the chance to check it out in depth...i just dropped down into it and saw that a tunnel led off into the dark.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

sounds interesting

black bass lake? where is this?
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

do you know where sherwood court is? (as a side note, that used to be my home for 14 years....my parents owned it and sold it to the 'german clean' people!) the road to black bass lake is directly across 62 from sherwood. follow the road til it t's off and head left. you will come up on the dam. its really pretty cool down there. not many people know about it. the hatch is in front of the dam just a little to the left of its center on the ground.

you may be able to find the road on maps as johnson spring road.

have fun.
forgotten_rebel
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by forgotten_rebel »

I'd be interested in helping or even going to check it out. the group im in is looking for some stuff to go and check out. Since you lived in Eureka do you know anything about the race track?
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

holy shit!

i totally forgot about that. the one i vaguely remember wasnt actually in eureka. kind of outside of berryville. ill talk to my friends that are still there and see if they remember anything as to its whereabouts.

i remember going to some event there with my dad in the early 80's. maybe he'll remember something.
forgotten_rebel
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by forgotten_rebel »

kool any info that u have will be helpful! im interested in checking it out.
Im just a girl guess im some kind of freak.
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

anybody check out the houses?
azma
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by azma »

never herd of them but like a post in the bella vsta area im comming down march 14-18 im looking to do some exploring in the NWA...
_J_
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

i found the house near the cemetary on terraserver if anyone wants to go check it out.

it may not be there anymore...i havent been there in 15 years or so, but it was very cool when i was there before. it had a pond out front with a little bridge across it and a waterfall flowing over some rocks near the house.