Joplin 66 Speedway

Urban exploration in Missouri
kyro
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: Joplin 66 Speedway

Post by kyro »

Eh it wasn't the noise issues, somethin about a guy gettin hurt pretty bad at a motorcycle race and the current owners were advised to drop the buisness for liability reasons. Most of the reason it's in the condition it is now is they wanted more than it was worth and now it's worth even less.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

RE: Joplin 66 Speedway

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Man, I would love to dirt race motorcycles. Throw some nobbies on my BMW's and tear it up..
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: Joplin 66 Speedway

Post by crazydrummerdude »

crazydrummerdude wrote:Man, I would love to dirt race motorcycles. Throw some nobbies on my BMW's and tear it up..
So, I rode over to the raceway in rolla. It's half abandoned. Looks like they use it for fairs and junk like once a year.

I rode past the front gate. No one was around. I rode past the second gate. No one was around. I rode past the bleachers. No one was around. The gate to the track was open. I looked around and there were two trucks at a shop in view of this gate. I was pretty close to doing a few laps on my BMW.. with street tires. Haha.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Joplin 66 Speedway

Post by ropingk »

hey drummer they do a farmers marker there on Saturdays in the summer I really don't think any one would say much if you did a few laps but then you just never know in that part of town Id like to see a it brought back up to life but that aint gonna happen
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead