Abandoned Water Treatment Facility In Sapulpa

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Abandoned Water Treatment Facility In Sapulpa

Post by Fiend »

I was driving back to Tulsa through Sapulpa and saw this place. It looked abandoned so I decided to investigate. I looked at the front gate and noticed a fairly new lock that looked like it had been used recently. But none the less, I had to find a way in. I walked around the barbed wire fences and found a large hole that someone cut into it. I believe this place may have been a small water treatment plant, because there was a large agitator tank and some other equipment around. There was also plenty of large pipes, valves, and pumps. I wanted to go around and take some more pics of other old pumps and buildings, but I walked by one building and heard pumps running. So, I think part of this facility is still in use, which is why I made my visit quick. There wasnt that much evidence of people hanging out here, and I was surprised not to find any graffiti, but it looks like some people had used this place for a hang out before. Overall a pretty cool place, just wish I could have explored some more, maybe I will go back.

Vertical Pump Motor

View of agitator tank from the building

Control panel

Coat racks of past employees

OkieMan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Abandoned Water Treatment Facility In Sapulpa

Post by OkieMan »

This was the old treatment plant for Sapulpa, before they built the new ones out next to Sahoma Lake.
I thought they were still using it for something, I might have to go out and look through there to.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Fiend »

Be careful if you do go there, I heard equipment running in one building that I didnt go into. I'm guessing someone must come in there periodically to maintain all that stuff.
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

Bad ass ! another great find! There is a treatment plant I'm scoping out too here in Bartlesville but dang it's right by the police station I know it hasen't been used is quite some time.
anyway great pics! Keep it up man!
sprtcrazy17
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by sprtcrazy17 »

I was there last night, there was one building with equipment running also. So it's still being maintained, there was also a light on, that randomly turned off. We also her banging on the walls
Explore.
alyybee
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Abandoned Water Treatment Facility In Sapulpa

Post by alyybee »

Very cool indeed. I don't think I've seen this around before.