House north of Skidmore, KS

Urban exploration in Kansas
SweetTater78
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

House north of Skidmore, KS

Post by SweetTater78 »

There is a house north of Skidmore, KS along highway 7. It's on the east side of the road. Out in the front is a whirly-gig (I don't know what else to call it). It's (2) 55 gallon drums, cut in half, mounted sideways to catch the wind. Anyway, spray painted on the sides of this thing are the words ".....Bloody Revolution....", something about "....Patriots....", and "....this land...". I was wondering if anyone else had come across this place?? It gave both of us an errie feeling.
Attachments
House North of Skidmore.jpg
Livin' in the ICT!
TimStone
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: House north of Skidmore, KS

Post by TimStone »

How far is Skidmore from K.C. ? I gotta check this place out for sure.
SweetTater78
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: House north of Skidmore, KS

Post by SweetTater78 »

This is north of Baxter Springs and south of Pittsburg...probably about 3 hours....I am guessing.
Livin' in the ICT!
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

I've been by it many times on the way to the dentist in Columbus. It is only a few miles north of Columbus on 7, which is the blacktop running directly north of Columbus. In fact, a quick perusal of the map finds that it is only about three miles north.
"That old hag hates my ass."
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

Take US HWY 69 south out of KC Metro and continue south to the junction of 69 and US HWY 160, a few miles south of Pittsburg, KS. Take US HWY 160 west to Columbus. Turn north on KS HWY 7 at the junction of 7 and 400. It is about three or four miles north on the east side of the road. This place has been there at least fifteen years. Be advised they have changed these roads around since the advent of 400 and some maps may not have the correct road numbers.

You can also go ahead and turn west on 400 just south of Pittsburg (160 is on south a few more miles) and go west to Cherokee. At Cherokee you turn south on KS HWY 7 and continue several miles until you see it on the east side. If you reach Columbus, you've went too far, so backtrack about three miles. It is very easy to get to.
"That old hag hates my ass."
SweetTater78
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by SweetTater78 »

Thanks Scout! :) We had taken the way up from Columbus (out of Oklahoma). Just don't blink, or you'll miss it LOL :)
Livin' in the ICT!
AceKadet
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by AceKadet »

There was a guy who lived there back when the radically painted stock pond aerator went up. It has been there for some time, mid eighties, maybe? I'm not sure he's still alive, actually. He had some whacky back story as I remember. I have some friends n that area, I'll try to remember to ask next time I see them. That building was a school, originally.