SubLunar's Blog

Read about other UE sites/blogs/channels/etc. Announce your website updates here!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: SubLunar's Blog

Post by SubLunar »

slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: SubLunar

Post by slow_walker »

woot! Great pics. I love the stained glass windows on the stairway. And the basement is so freaking creepy.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

what a gorgeous old house...such a shame. what do you think they kept in the barrels?
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Wine, I think. There are boxes in the basement labeled "Altar Wine", so it's possible those barrels were used for the same purpose.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I found an old Memorial Hospital out in the country a few years ago. I've recon'ed it a few times since then and finally got inside it yesterday.

http://sublunarphotography.blogspot.com ... 10-10.html
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Wow great find and great photos! That place looks really clean! Abnormally clean. Like the floors were just swept.

And yeah those bloody footprints are creepy. Did you follow them? Lead anywhere cool?
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Yeah the place was sealed pretty well. I've been watching it for some time and had to climb around a bit to find a way in. It was totally un-touched.

I didn't even see the footprints while I was there. Which doesn't make any damn sense because that elevator, for example, is right where my entrance was. I stood there for a few moments and again later when I photographed it.

I've been scrutinizing the footprints and although I'm not convinced yet whether they're real or fake, consider this: If someone was in fact dipping their feet in paint, then the first few steps from the elevator would be the darkest, right? But instead they start out from the elevator rather faint...
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: RE: SubLunar's Blog

Post by GlassCurtain »

SubLunar wrote:Yeah the place was sealed pretty well. I've been watching it for some time and had to climb around a bit to find a way in. It was totally un-touched.

I didn't even see the footprints while I was there. Which doesn't make any damn sense because that elevator, for example, is right where my entrance was. I stood there for a few moments and again later when I photographed it.

I've been scrutinizing the footprints and although I'm not convinced yet whether they're real or fake, consider this: If someone was in fact dipping their feet in paint, then the first few steps from the elevator would be the darkest, right? But instead they start out from the elevator rather faint...
You need to go back and check out the inside of that elevator. Which floor are the footprints on? And bring some peroxide. If it's real blood the peroxide should bubble.

Blood contains an enzyme called catalase, which breaks down hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen gas.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Good idea! I'll do that and post results. Also, I'll be adding some historical information to the blog entry.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

This could be awesome or a huge disappointment.

....like all of urban exploring.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Just updated it with a trip to Falstaff I took about a year ago but hadn't posted it for some reason.

http://sublunarphotography.blogspot.com ... nt-10.html
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:Just updated it with a trip to Falstaff I took about a year ago but hadn't posted it for some reason.
Statute of limitations up now?
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I hope so!

I really need to go back there. I haven't been back lately and I miss it. I want to own it...
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

Nice shots! I want to see that place bad now... I'm a little jealous

I tried to post a comment at your blog with one of my google acounts, but it would not let me. I tried that before and got the same bs.