Bartlesville : Abandoned... Tennis anyone???

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Bartlesville : Abandoned... Tennis anyone???

Post by psychosaw13 »

Located in Bartlesville north of the suburb Oakpark.
Deep up in the hills off from 9th street & Virginia lies a Tennis court & house foundation & swimming pool.

Very little people know about this property. I just remember visiting it from my early teenage yrs & just now returned to see it.

I have no concrete info about this property only I do remember knowing that it was a wealthy couples house & it burned down (I'm guessing due to wildfires) I last went there when I was 13 or 14 which would of made it around 1986 or 87 so the place would of burned down before then.

The coolest part of the whole deal is just seeing this big Tennis court just sitting there in the middle of the woods!

so here is the journey.....

we walked up a steep hill & looked back to the road below:

Neat rocks on the way up:

the entrance gate at the top of the hill :

Now down the hill north:

ariving at the tennis court:

attack of the weeds!

Arriving at the house & Pool

The house foundation:

Entrance to a cellar/storm shelter? :

Inside the cellar note the Axe & shovels! Creepy!!!!

another shot of the cellar:

Remember the 80's satellite dish?

Leaving the garage foundation:

of course many more shots can be found here :

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218 ... s%20court/
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Re: Bartlesville : Abandoned... Tennis anyone???

Post by MONKEYMANN »

Very Cool...I wonder why it was abandon...did it burn down and never get rebuilt...or was it just never finished????

Very Odd to see what aparently used to be a cool place...now deserted and left to the forest and weeds....
I DIDN'T SAY THAT YOU SAID THAT I SAID THAT......
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

There's an overgrown private little tennis court somewhere out in the country in SWMO. I'm trying to think of where. We drive by it on the way to the river. I just can't remember if it's on our way to Taylor Bridge on the Sac, or somewhere on the Pomme or maybe the Niangua. I'll ask. It's not on an old property or anything, just next to an abandoned house.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

well it is easy to see someone had some cash to get it all up and going shame it is like it is be a battle to get the pool going dont you think???
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

MONKEYMANN wrote:Very Cool...I wonder why it was abandon...did it burn down and never get rebuilt...or was it just never finished????

Very Odd to see what aparently used to be a cool place...now deserted and left to the forest and weeds....

Yeah it burned down. My best guess is wild fires. We have a lot of fires is the hills every summer around my neighborhood. I guess they just never rebuilt it's just been sitting there since the early 80's

Yes someone had a lot of money to start building up there. I am asking around to try to find out what happened.
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

lolabelle wrote:There's an overgrown private little tennis court somewhere out in the country in SWMO. I'm trying to think of where. We drive by it on the way to the river. I just can't remember if it's on our way to Taylor Bridge on the Sac, or somewhere on the Pomme or maybe the Niangua. I'll ask. It's not on an old property or anything, just next to an abandoned house.
I would like to see pics of that tennis court. If you can get a couple shots I would dig it!
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

psychosaw13 wrote: I would like to see pics of that tennis court. If you can get a couple shots I would dig it!
I'll see what I can do. I confirmed last night that we go by it on our way to the Little Sac, Taylor Bridge. It's somewhere off 215, maybe in the Pleasant Hope area. We will start white bass fishing in a month or two, and I'll try and get some shots when we go by.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

I'm digging through some maps of the area, and now thinking that the tennis court I go by is probably on the other side of Morrisville, maybe near Eudora.
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Bartlesville : Abandoned... Tennis anyone???

Post by psychosaw13 »

Oh it's no big deal, I wouldnt want you to go outta yer way. if it's near by where yer at it would be kool to see some pics. Dont go to too much trouble 4 me but Thank you!
beautiful_sadness
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by beautiful_sadness »

It must of been a lovely property back in the day. You think the owners would have re-built instead of just leaving it.