I wanna check out dogpatch

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Watcher
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: I wanna check out dogpatch

Post by Watcher »

Dogpatch was what first ignited my admittedly rather casual interest in UE. The idea that they just left everything out there amazed me - if I owned something like that and it went under I would have sold off what I could to cut my losses. But to just leave an amusement park to rot... very strange.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I am sure the owners would have lover to sell it the biggest problem was there were so many lawsuits and forclosers aginst it no one really knew who owned what I remember going the year befor it closed and it was such a mess nothing worked there were no rides I think there was a elephant ride or something the water wheel was falling apart and the mill was only open a few hours, it was so sad to see this great place in such disrepair The original owner had a great idea but it was probaly a little before its time :P
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Also, the property spans across two different counties, which creates a whole other set of headaches for any potential owners.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Dog Patch is for sell but the Crop. that owns it is planing to put it on the market for FIVE years then if it does not sell they will make it a Private Get-a-way for there greedy CEO and his/her family
Dogpatch Expert
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I went right after it opened and I was probaly around 10 or so then a few years later and it was way diffrent then I went close to its close but I am just kinda ate up with the place, for some unknown reason it has always been real special to me I have to get down there do you know how far it is from St Louis??? :?:
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Its a long ways. When i go up to see the cubs play it takes along time to get there, but it is freaken worth it i love Dogpatch and i would like to go up again and UE.
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: I wanna check out dogpatch

Post by White Rabbit »

ropingk wrote:I went right after it opened and I was probaly around 10 or so then a few years later and it was way diffrent then I went close to its close but I am just kinda ate up with the place, for some unknown reason it has always been real special to me I have to get down there do you know how far it is from St Louis??? :?:
About 5.5 hours, give or take a bit.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Took another trip to dogpatch but i did not do much ue just a bit
Dogpatch Expert
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by travcojim »

Back in the summer a friend and me went into Dogpatch for about an hour, no problems with anyone seeing us. I came out of there with about 80 or so pictures so if anyone is intrested let me know. Its too many pics to email but if there is something in particular you want I may have it. Before I went I wrote the owners in Springfield, the holding group that now owns it for permission to go in an take some pics before it all falls down, I never got any replies from them, so I chanced it and went it,. It was worth the risk. Almost has a ghost town feeling to it all. Like one day everyone decided to pack it in and take off, leaving everything like it was the day they left. I even found an old 8 track tape laying on the walkway...
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

travcojim wrote:I even found an old 8 track tape laying on the walkway...
I know where a room is with boxes of those things there :P
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by travcojim »

Now if I still had my 79 Goodtimes Van that would be a room worth checking out.... Have you ever driven back to where the old campgrounds were at the top. The road is not even wide enough to drive a car thru, I can't even think about trying to get a camper back there. That is a good place to park if your out exploring the area, no one ever goes back there.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I know I asked this before but did you get any good pictures of the water wheel? and the other thing did you see Marvel Falls or the cave

Rick
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by travcojim »

I will have to check out what pics I got. I know I got some of the bumper boats and the old boathouse, also the railroad trestle that crosses the falls. The cave is aways from the park so I know I did not get any of it. I think I ended up with 80 or so pics from that trip. I got a current pic of the kissing rocks.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I really want to go there I am just going to hve to make the trip this spring I was never at the cave but I always heard it was cool and i just kinda wondered if it was closed like tha park I think I have some pictures of about 25 years ago with the kissing rocks might be kinda sad to see them today
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

travcojim wrote:Now if I still had my 79 Goodtimes Van that would be a room worth checking out.... Have you ever driven back to where the old campgrounds were at the top. The road is not even wide enough to drive a car thru, I can't even think about trying to get a camper back there. That is a good place to park if your out exploring the area, no one ever goes back there.
Most of dogpatch has trees and shurbs and stuff every where. but i love going through stuff like that so it dont effect me. The only thing that worries me is getting back there in all that shit and falling off some god dam cliff lol
Dogpatch Expert