Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Post by psychosaw13 »

Scout wrote: I'm gonna check the Labadie mansion out if I can ever find time and some fool doesn't bulldoze it.
I dont think you gotta worry 'bout that, It's been there for freakin ever!
Although ya never know.... There has been a ton of stuff that I think back on & say "Damn I wish I would of took pics of that!"

so plan a trip soon......
beautiful_sadness
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Post by beautiful_sadness »

I also finally found this place last October after a few years of searching. We visited the cemtery, but did not make the trek up to the house due to the rumors I've heard about gun toting land owners. Great pictures!
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

A friend & I just went this weekend! no one around what so ever! new pics from labadie coming soon! on Abandoned Ok
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Post by Kit »

how far is this from Springfield in hours?
Kit wrote:I am old
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

I'd say its about 4 1/2 hrs over here from Springfield.
Labadie is about 20 miles north of Bartlesville.

The place is kool & all but I wouldnt base yer whole trip around it.
It is what it is... just the remains of a stone mansion where guys take their Gf's to scare'em & where kids go to party.
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Re: Labadie Mansion as of 2009 (New pics)

Post by Scout »

Kit, PS is probably correct. I used to live over not far from the Labadie Mansion. If you go, you can also take in Frank Phillips' ranch, Woolaroc, which is now a complex of museums and stuff to see. It is extremely worth the trip, in and of itself. You can easily spend a day just there. You are obviously interested in architecture. You would also want to see the Price Tower, a very unique structure in downtown Bartlesville, designed by no less than Frank Lloyd Wright. If you decided to go a bit north instead, there is Little House on the Prairie, just up 75 HWY in between Caney and Independence. If you went this weekend, there is the largest celebration of Halloween in the world, Neeowallah, at Indy. As far as strictly exploration, there might be some opportunities in Coffeyville, as much of it was destroyed by flood about two years ago. Lots has been bulldozed, but I expect there are still some vacant places. There is also the museum up town about the Dalton robbery. The graveyard where some of them are buried is in the southern part of town and is supposedly hainted. All in all, a very interesting area on a lot of different levels.
"That old hag hates my ass."
psychosaw13
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by psychosaw13 »

Word!