paris springs cave

Urban exploration in Missouri
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

paris springs cave

Post by Former User #2 »

i remimbered this cave from along time ago , and somehow found it again...........anybody know anything about it or been in it............
Attachments
paris sp.jpg
paris cave.jpg
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: paris springs cave

Post by junkman306 »

Back when I lived in miller we used to go out there alot. I have never been to that cave though. I've heard several stories about some guys hunting with a dog out there once and the dog went into the cave. After a few hours, the hunters left cuz the dog never came out. 3 days later a farmer north of miller found the dog wandering one of his fields near a cave on his property. I think my dad has been in it, but i'm not sure.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: paris springs cave

Post by BROUSER »

I'm not positive, and Sertile may know more, but that may be also known as Turnback Cave. If it is the same cave, then it is very extensive, and very protected due to a study they are doing in it of blind cavefish.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

I believe you are right brouser. Its near turnback creek and I remember it being closed due to cavefish. I've never heard it called that, but it's right near turnback creek. We used to do alot of fishing there.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

wow, that sounds like quite a cave.........glad i remimbered where it was.........now i gotta figure out how to get permission to get in......
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Its g13 classified.
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

huh, well ive been lookin online to see if this is the same cave........but i cant find anything that says its location......it just doesnt seem gated well enough to be the cave you guys are talkin about......i sure hope it is though..........
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

So I just got off the phone with my dad and a buddy of his used to go to one when he was a kid right along the creek. He said it was gated, but the gate didn't go all the way down so they would swim under the gate and go in it. But that's not the same cave that you went to viper so maybe we'll try to find that one too.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I've heard of Turnback Cave, but I've never been there. I bet that's it.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

hope so
riddick
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: paris springs cave

Post by riddick »

Former User #2 wrote:wow, that sounds like quite a cave.........glad i remimbered where it was.........now i gotta figure out how to get permission to get in......
did you find a way to get in at all
riddick
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by riddick »

my grandma own 42 ackers in paris springs right on turn back creek i have been to the one par of the cave with the chain fence the one in the pic someone posted i no the fence is cut me and a friend found the cave walking up the river and seen that u could go in but we had no lights a few weeks later we went to the top of the hill and we ran into a HUGE hole in the ground with a big cage ontop of it, it look like it had no bottom but u are way up there and this top part is a long ways away from the one opening with the chain fence about 2 miles away from it i think maby more or less so i no this cave is hugeand has big opning but it probably has a lot of water in parts the cave has no name at all from the state bc no one has really been inside the cave and map it i no ther are more spots to get in i would love to go inside with or with out a permit all my friends are scard of the dark or i would have all ready been in it and i no u dont want to go in by your self this cave u probably need 3 to 4 people if anyone is game let me no and we can look around it for more stuff or take a look inside, i think y most people have not been in side is bc of the indian burial ground on top of the hill how know if the indians lived inside the cave and left stuff behind it would be one hell of a find
riddick
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by riddick »

Former User #2 wrote:i remimbered this cave from along time ago , and somehow found it again...........anybody know anything about it or been in it............
did that first pic have a cage on it to
The Count
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by The Count »

That sounds awesome I wanna go with you
riddick
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by riddick »