Branson pyramid

Urban exploration in Missouri
lilwoodhippie
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Branson pyramid

Post by lilwoodhippie »

Outside Branson There was this place we would go with a pyramid , columns, a huge stone griffin and a hugemongus stone slab with (I know how this sounds) lyrics from a cream song on it . The place was deserted except for some kind of caretakers place WAY out back. I know it was there cause I took other people to see it but no one has ever known anything. From your pics it doesnt look like that Camalot place. Thanx i hope somebody can tell me somethin.........and the little purple fishies go swimming
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Branson pyramid

Post by Sirius »

Perhaps it was built to honor Claptonus, Egyptian god of rock n roll?
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Re: RE: Branson pyramid

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Sirius wrote:Perhaps it was built to honor Claptonus, Egyptian god of rock n roll?
lol

but i have never noticed it and i goto branson alot where is it located at?
Dogpatch Expert
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

It was built to the Hank Williams God of honky tonk!!!!! :wink:
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
lilwoodhippie
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lilwoodhippie »

:P Hey now I told you I knew how it sounded! It was over the Hollister bridge and up the hill by the golf course, then you took a smaller highway off the road that leads to Forsyth. Then a mile or three and you were right there. The griffin wasnt five feet from the pavement. Its prolly gone now but sat around for years . Someone SOMEWHERE had to have seen it and know what it was.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I'd definitely like to find this place. Never heard of it, though.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

Give me a few days and I will head over there and look around. More details would be good.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

This sounds sort of like a place on T highway I've heard a lot about called "the Devil's Tea Table", infamous for openly Satanic activity. I've tried to find the place with no luck, it may or may not still be there. Apparently in the 1980's it was very popular with the drug using youth of the area.
When I worked security at Silver Dollar City, one of the officers I worked with told me he went down there with his buddies to get some free acid, but apparently you had to swear an oath to satan or they wouldn't give it to you. He said he refused and left. He said they would let the people drop acid and then just turn them loose into the woods, which I think is awesome! The thought of a bunch of hippies tripping and lost in the woods makes me laugh my ass off! :twisted:
I'll head down that way tomorrow and see if I can find it. If so I'll let you guys know.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Here's an interesting side story I heard from my sister:

A few years back, several of her friends (who were kinda biker types, and into some pretty hard drugs) got messed up on shrooms and headed out into the woods as a pack. I should point out that the EXACT location where they went wandering isn't clear, but it was somewhere around Hollister. At some point on their excursion, they came across a hairy legged (but not wholly unattractive) hippie lady out in the woods.
She seemed nice enough, so when she invited them back to the area her group was camped at, they agreed. When they reached a clearing with a dozen or so tents set up, they started to get a little creeped out about the place. About thirty seconds later, said creepy feelings were confirmed when two NAKED, GIGGLING, TWELVE-YEAR-OLD-BOYS ran out of a tent and loudly proclaimed that they had swallowed for the first time! Seemingly from nowhere, nude middle aged men surrounded the four hapless druggies and started demanding they be "initiated" into the club... naturally, a chase ensued, with the four (now in the middle of a full blown psychedelic experience) being pursued by a band of sagging savages hellbent on sodomizing them.
It's unclear how they made it home, but the next morning they all sat silently, not sure what had happened, and not really wanting to talk about it. Finally, the silence was broken when they collectively asked "Did we almost get assraped?". The unanimous answer was "yes".
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

Sure they didn't stumble on the old public restrooms?
bluecookies
Buckeye
Buckeye

Re: RE: Branson pyramid

Post by bluecookies »

gimpface wrote:Here's an interesting side story I heard from my sister:
Wow, um, *pause* I don't think I have anything to say to that.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Well, I couldn't find it. If anyone else wants to go look, from Branson take 76 across Taneycomo towards Forsyth. You'll pass a cemetary on the right, Turn on T hwy (it'll be on your left). If you get to the golf course, you went too far. Supposedly, this place is down the road and you should see it before you get to Long Beach. We didn't see it at all, leading me to wonder if it actually exists.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

UPDATE: I ran into the guy who told me about it and he gave me slightly better directions. It should be approx. 5 miles down T hwy on the left (he said it was about 1 mile from the Shriners). You should see the griffins from the road, and if you look carefully you may be able to see the concrete structure. DO NOT drive up to it or the owners will get severly pissed! I'll give this another shot as soon as I get a chance.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

Well...there is always Thursday.
lilwoodhippie
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lilwoodhippie »

THATS IT!!!!!!!! Wow am I impressed or what? A guy from Forsyth first showed me the place in the summer of 83' and after that I took a few folks out to see it -cause it really is unbeleivable if you just describe it- but I havent been out that way since 88' or 9'. Did you say the griffen is STILL there? Really an impressive piece of statuary. Seems pretty elaborate for it just to have been a trippin' spot for hippies ( damn close to the road too ) Wish I knew what it was originally meant for. Never saw anyone out there but there was one time that whoever lived in the house at the back of the property must have seen our headlights cause somebody started shootin'!! We skedaddled outa there fast like. Would make great pics if anyone could get any. Besides it would be great to be able to tell folks about without having them :roll: roll their eyes :roll: at me. Thanks so much for checkin into this for me ! I know you really didnt even beleive me yourself and that makes it even more awesome.
Im still crazy but not THAT f*#king crazy!