Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: houses

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:
Nicotti wrote:
Shemp72 wrote:http://www.ashgrovemo.org/phenix

Outside of Ash Grove. It's almost 4 hours away. Funny, the link at the page leads to undergroundozarks.com
So I heard from a trusted source that one should be careful exploring the Phenix quarry cause the guy that owns it is a "Shoot first, ask questions later" type of guy.
I hope he also enjoys getting the fuck sued out of him 'cause that's what would happen. Can only shoot trespassers in your home. Otherwise, you don't even have the right to detain trespassers, let alone shoot them.

Also: http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/ ... id=1044517
A shoot first type o person isn't going to care about laws when it comes to people on their property, as your news link shows.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: houses

Post by SubLunar »

Yep and dude is in prison for 2nd degree murder now. Being an uninformed property owner is great and all, but I don't know if acting tough to scare bad guys away is worth going to prison for murder.
Xylanix
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Xylanix »

Hello!

I have no idea how many people still use these forums, but I guess I will post stuff here for the time being. I would love to make new friends with the same interests of exploring these places without damaging or vandalizing any property. I simply want to explore forgotten places because it is fun.

Anyway, I am very new to the hobby of urban exploring, and I have been using this site to discover dilapidated places to explore with my two best friends. Using Google maps, I have located a house in Jefferson County that seems to have been recently abandoned. Inside, there was a calendar stopped at the year of January 2008 with food and dishes still on the kitchen counter. It's like the family just disappeared!

Please excuse the quality of these photos. I do not have a fancy camera, so I just used my phone.

BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Sweet, it's always weird finding houses like that. You just wonder what could have happened to the family. The last time I explored a house like that it turned out to be the home of a child rapist.

Are you from that area? I'm from Festus btw
aka "That Guy"
Xylanix
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Xylanix »

Yeah, I'm from Fenton, but I live in Springfield, MO because of college. Break is almost over unfortunately, so I only have a week left to explore St. Louis :(; I guess I will have to urbex in Springfield for awhile.

I also tried to research this place. I obtained names from some prescription medication we found in the medicine cabinet, but came up with nothing.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

good pics springfeild should be good as a lot of the guys on here are there
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Greetings and welcome! Don't worry about the picture quality, it's the experience that counts. We're still here the forums just aren't as lively anymore because of things like facebook..
Xylanix
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Xylanix »

Hello again!

Have any of you guys checked these houses out yet on the left side of Twin River Rd, Eureka? They look abandoned, so I think I am going to scout out the area tomorrow.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9MzguNTgyM ... A2MzAyNQ==
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Xylanix wrote:I think I am going to scout out the area tomorrow.
Good luck, looks like parking might be a bit of a pain though. Welcome to the forum.
Preservation over plunder.
ccsucher
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by ccsucher »

mindwaave wrote:
Xylanix wrote:I think I am going to scout out the area tomorrow.

Be careful down there, years ago they were "empty" but being used. There was one or two that were drug houses.

I grew up in House Springs and word get around a small town.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CS-Photo ... 7629649444
Meester Beeg
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Meester Beeg »

Folks, MO is a Castle Doctrine state, which means you MAY use deadly force to protect your life or property. Which means if you find a trespasser you may use force after confronting them if they refuse to leave. This includes your home or anywhere on your property. It also includes a hotel/motel and your car, even a tent. You may carry a concealed weapon in your car WITHOUT a permit. If you leave the car the weapon must remain in the car if you don't have a CCL.

As for the Highlands, we lived right around the corner from it until '61. yeah, I'm old.
Beware the Black Widows...feared throughout the land!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Sorry but the Castle Doctrine ONLY applies to inside your residence. You are not allowed to detain trespassers. I've looked into this but don't have time to give you a link. Missouri revised statutes website has it all spelled out.

Having said that, it's part of the reason I don't do many houses. That and I find most houses to be boring.. I've seen houses I swore were abandoned turned out to be inhabited. Not willing to get shot over some random house.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Post by Mandi Milenko »

Been in over 60 houses and have never had a single issue. The only time I've ever had a run-in with a property owner is at that one go-cart track in South County.
Meester Beeg
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Meester Beeg »

NO, the Castle Doctrine was amended last year. Your car, your tent, a motel where you are staying, and YOUR PROPERTY are considered your domicile. You may use force to protect your property and any third party on same.

That is not to say you can shoot a trespasser but if they are about to do harm, then you may protect yourself and your property.
Beware the Black Widows...feared throughout the land!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

your first comment on the matter said "anywhere on your property". This is not correct. You may not kill someone anywhere on your property just because they were trespassing. Unless you want to be charged with 2nd degree murder.

For example: http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/ ... id=1044517

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stand your ground laws and self defense. But lots of people seem to think you can get away with murder as long as that person was trespassing on your property and that is not true.