Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

You can talk about anything here
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by BagHead727 »

If you want a cleaner argument then make your statements more succinct. Leave out the extraneous statements that you'd rather not argue about, because that's exactly what you're going to be called out on.
aka "That Guy"
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by crazydrummerdude »

SubLunar wrote:I do suppose this is how most conversations tend to go these days..
*Like*
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by SubLunar »

It's amazing how often this happens. If anyone wishes to continue this conversation please at least read the posts. In context. Use the quote button. Stay on topic. Until we can all at least follow basic rules of civil discourse, I've got better shit to do.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

You're the one wasting our time by dooming the conversation from the get go. You made an argument, followed it up by saying it was the best argument ever based on indisputable facts. Then you preceded to voice your racist opinions. Lol dude this is 100% your fault.
aka "That Guy"
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

You says this happens all the time. There is a saying: if it's everyone else, it's you
aka "That Guy"
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I posted a link with facts.

Brouser tried arguing but his stance was based on opinions already proven wrong on the internet before me.

The conversation died.

Nicotti spoke up. I reminded him the conversation was dead for 10 days. He questioned it. I explained that I provided facts. It's hard to argue facts. This hurt his sensitive feelings and decided I had a big ego. So fucking what. My ego has dick to do with the conversation or the reality of the world.

Jesus fucking christ. Do I have to replay the events for everyone every time?

Here's a fun game.

Next time someone wants to bring this topic back from the dead: DISPUTE the FACTS or BLOW ME. Stop with this ADD too lazy to read previous replies but I'm gonna comment anyway nonsense. It's hilarious and pathetic that several pages of childish name calling and insults go by, meanwhile noone has actually countered anything I said. I don't give a flying fuck what silly opinions anyone has of me. It doesn't phase me. I'm a donkey raping shit eater. My mother was a hamster. I'm gay as fuck. I have a micropenis. YAY

Let's just make this easy. Everything anyone says about me is true. I accept anyone's opinion of me as fact. Now that you guys don't need to make everything about me personally, maybe you can focus on having an actual conversation.

I'm sorry that reading comprehension is so difficult for everyone. Maybe if you guys try it more often you'll get better at it.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

You won the initial argument, yes. I even agreed with you. You really should have stopped while you were ahead instead of shooting yourself in the foot
aka "That Guy"
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I guess my mistake was that I informed him that the death of the argument was because I presented facts against which there is no arguing. Apparently that is interpreted as having a big ego. Because I guess facts about the reality of the world itself are somehow related to me and my ego. IDK.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

WAITAMINUTE. I just thought of something.

Did Nicotti think I was taking credit for the facts against which there is "no arguing"? Is that what this is all about? Did he think I was bragging about posting facts?

LOL

The facts I keep referring to were easily researched information on the public internet and it took no special effort on my part to check them. A few minutes give or take an extra hour for related searches.

I had already looked into them prior to posting my anger about the soccer game shenanigans to see if my anger was warranted. And I found out that it was warranted so I felt that I met the requirements of being angry enough about it to post it to this thread. I verified that the details for which I, and the author of the article, were angry did seem to be true and thus our anger justified.

The top search results that were found to attempt to discredit the article, the same ones Brouser found and attempted to use, were found to be false before he posted them.

While I do enjoy defeating Brouser in public and civil discourse :P , I wasn't boasting about posting the facts. Anyone else could have researched and posted them with mere minutes of their time invested. That would be incredibly stupid and arrogant of me to do. The only reason I was already aware of them was because of due diligence on my part. I'm not easily incensed on the interwebs so I didn't want to get angry about an article that was false.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:I do enjoy defeating Brouser in public and civil discourse :P
SubLunar wrote:I have an ego because I researched the facts I linked, for which he still has yet to put forth any effort into countering.
I know you have an ego about decimating Brouser! That's what I was rolling Jesus's eyes at, you're talk of how you were the boss.

Then you went on some weird tangent about the facts you presented, even though multiple times I said either I didn't care or that we were on the same side.

Still not sure why you think my mentioning your ego is a personal attack, since I meant no malice towards you, unless you consider an eye roll malice.

For a while I thought you were arguing you didn't have an ego, but it turned out to be more of the "facts" stuff, that I wasn't talking about.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

The thing is, I wasn't bragging about being awesome by referring to said factual information. It's not like the facts were my invention to be proud of. I was explaining why the argument that had been dormant for 10 days had ended. Because there wasn't much left to argue about. How else should I have worded it when asked in such a way? It wasn't until you bumped the topic and solicited the response that I made such a comment to being with.

The only thing you really had to say at that point was how annoying I am and how big my ego is.

Which made no sense to me. You were speaking with memes while criticizing me personally. I even expressed my confusion with your stance several times.

The boasting on my part was merely something you took the wrong way and then attacked me for. Then it got ridiculous and other people chimed in and accused me of fun stuff like racism, even though Wahhabi Islam isn't a race.. all this ridiculous nonsense for why? Truly amazing the spectacle that plays out sometimes. Where some of those ideas about me even come from I have no idea.

So when I finally broke it down and explained that I had those facts at hand because I had already researched the topic and did my due diligence prior to posting the article I then added the part about defeating Brouser in public because while we have sparred many times, there was nothing on my part that up to this point was boastful or unsolicited in this particular case until you asked.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Last night I went out to the filming location of a couple old forgotten movies from decades ago. There was a "Ghosts of ____" guided tour there. I didn't go there actually expecting ghosts, but I wanted to learn about the history of the site.

I could rant about the stupidity of the fat, dumb general public, but I'll save that.

The whole tour could be TL:DR as.. "nothing happened here, but what if?!" The guy said several times, "a couple movies were filmed here.. but what if they were real.. and what if the actors died.. or what if the stories were true.. That'd be creepy, right?" and the crowd had their oohs and aahs.

"Where you are standing right now... was a graveyard.." "ooh! ahh!" "..scene in a movie." "Oh."

"One night, a Union soldier was standing here when BAM! A shot rang out and he fell to the ground.." "ooh! ahh!" "..in a scene for a movie."

Towards the end of the tour, someone else was getting annoyed with that theme and told the guy to tell us something actually spooky that happened here.

"Well, the other night, I was walking through here and saw a deer. A while later, I heard an animal shriek. I had always wanted to see a mountain lion, so I walked over." "....and?" "Oh, and I didn't see anything."

Fuck!
Headframe Hunters
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Headframe Hunters »

crazydrummerdude wrote:Last night I went out to the filming location of a couple old forgotten movies from decades ago. There was a "Ghosts of ____" guided tour there. I didn't go there actually expecting ghosts, but I wanted to learn about the history of the site.

I could rant about the stupidity of the fat, dumb general public, but I'll save that.

The whole tour could be TL:DR as.. "nothing happened here, but what if?!" The guy said several times, "a couple movies were filmed here.. but what if they were real.. and what if the actors died.. or what if the stories were true.. That'd be creepy, right?" and the crowd had their oohs and aahs.

"Where you are standing right now... was a graveyard.." "ooh! ahh!" "..scene in a movie." "Oh."

"One night, a Union soldier was standing here when BAM! A shot rang out and he fell to the ground.." "ooh! ahh!" "..in a scene for a movie."

Towards the end of the tour, someone else was getting annoyed with that theme and told the guy to tell us something actually spooky that happened here.

"Well, the other night, I was walking through here and saw a deer. A while later, I heard an animal shriek. I had always wanted to see a mountain lion, so I walked over." "....and?" "Oh, and I didn't see anything."

Fuck!
Tourist-oriented bullshit :roll: :roll:

Missouri is full of creepy places; I've encountered full-on voices, footsteps, and machinery noises at a mine in Perry County. Swing a cat and you'll find a place with actual spooky goings-on.
In loving memory of Nichole - 12/4/1996 -- 12/1/2017

https://headframehunters.blogspot.com/
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Headframe Hunters wrote:Missouri is full of creepy places; I've encountered full-on voices, footsteps, and machinery noises at a mine in Perry County.
Let's go!
Preservation over plunder.