Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

You can talk about anything here
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by SubLunar »

Nicotti wrote:You have an annoying pattern of boasting about yourself at times.

But in support of your argument on Muslimism; this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hgt0ldRmU0
I'm still confused as to how you relate this to me boasting about myself and not the actual topic at hand. And no, I'm not going to watch some random 20 minute video. Thanks for the personal attacks though. Carry on.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by mindwaave »

I'm mad today because my company just indefinitely suspended its work-from-home program, which I had been looking forward to earning for the past 2 years. It will likely come back, but not before the old, stagnant management realizes that their policies discouraged younger talent from joining (or staying with) the company.
Preservation over plunder.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:

But in support of your argument on Muslimism; this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hgt0ldRmU0
I'm still confused as to how you relate this to me boasting about myself and not the actual topic at hand. And no, I'm not going to watch some random 20 minute video. Thanks for the personal attacks though. Carry on.
What do you think the topic at hand is?

In reference to the vid, if you aren't familiar with teal deer's material (TL DR) I invite you to watch his vids, they are often well researched and quite level-headed.

Personal attacks? No. Voicing my opinion on your character traits doesn't constitute an attack on you.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Nicotti wrote:
SubLunar wrote:

What do you think the topic at hand is?

In reference to the vid, if you aren't familiar with teal deer's material (TL DR) I invite you to watch his vids, they are often well researched and quite level-headed.

Personal attacks? No. Voicing my opinion on your character traits doesn't constitute an attack on you.
I rate your recent comments at a trolling level of 6/10. Nice work.

The topic, which was dormant for 10 days before you posted a rolling eyes meme about it, was about the link I posted regarding a subject which I researched prior to commenting on. It's that one discussion in the previous page for which you started posting memes. Remember? Yeah it was that one thing from a few weeks ago. Right, yes that one. Brouser tried to argue with me using the same comments elsewhere found online through a very brief query into the matter. But I also looked into those claims, before he made them, and found them to not be true. I posted facts. It's hard to argue against facts. I'm sorry you perceive that as boasting.

And yes. As a matter of fact, resorting to commenting on someone's character traits, as you perceive them, is a personal attack. I feel I should also now welcome you to the internet and to this forum.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:I rate your recent comments at a trolling level of 6/10. Nice work.

The topic, which was dormant for 10 days before you posted a rolling eyes meme about it, was about the link I posted regarding a subject which I researched prior to commenting on. It's that one discussion in the previous page for which you started posting memes. Remember? Yeah it was that one thing from a few weeks ago. Right, yes that one. Brouser tried to argue with me using the same comments elsewhere found online through a very brief query into the matter. But I also looked into those claims, before he made them, and found them to not be true. I posted facts. It's hard to argue against facts. I'm sorry you perceive that as boasting.

And yes. As a matter of fact, resorting to commenting on someone's character traits, as you perceive them, is a personal attack. I feel I should also now welcome you to the internet and to this forum.
While I do troll peeps here occasionally, I'm not trolling you currently.

Ah, I see, you think I'm engaging in Argumentum ad Hominem (Personal Attack Fallacy). No, I care nothing of your logical argument with Brouser. My comments were made only in reference to the comment I quoted because it fit into a pattern I have observed of over time, of what I consider you being annoyingly boastful when you feel you have an ironclad position (whether or not you actually do), not of that incident specifically.

Or in layman's terms, I skimmed over the argument, came in during the part where you were talking about how you're the man, I rolled my eyes in RL, and then posted a meme of Jesus rolling his eyes.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I will also resort to this laymans term of which you speak.

I'm really really terribly sorry you think that I was boasting when I stated that the conversation you butted into 10 days late was over because there wasn't really any arguing with the facts that I presented.

I'm super duper terribly sorry about your feelings on the matter.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Nicotti wrote: Ah, I see, you think I'm engaging in Argumentum ad Hominem (Personal Attack Fallacy). No, I care nothing of your logical argument with Brouser. My comments were made only in reference to the comment I quoted because it fit into a pattern I have observed of over time, of what I consider you being annoyingly boastful when you feel you have an ironclad position (whether or not you actually do), not of that incident specifically.
PS. This overly bombastic language doesn't really mean what you wanted it to mean; You're referencing this in the sense that you and I were arguing. We were not. You were merely hurling insults at me. The definition you chose to show off, as if I'd never seen or heard such fancy language before, pertains to attacking someone during the course of an argument. But as I said, you and I were not arguing yet.

Personal attacks happen when you leverage personal insults at someone. The end. It doesn't really get more simple than that. It's great that you have formed an opinion of me over time. But sharing that perception which has apparently been festering within you for some time now equates to making a personal attack.

It's cool, I encourage you to do it if that's how you feel, but at least call it like it is and own it.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Maybe take it as constructive criticism rather than a personal attack? Your argument about 1.6 billion people being shit might be convincing, but naturally it also makes you sound like an asshole
aka "That Guy"
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

What we should be talking about is whether or not you'd bang the fuck out of an Arab chick. I think they're adorable. I recently matched with one on tinder and she dresses in traditional Muslim clothing. There's just something so cute about that, I can't explain it
aka "That Guy"
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Nicotti wrote:Personal attacks? No. Voicing my opinion on your character traits doesn't constitute an attack on you.
Nicotti wrote:Ah, I see, you think I'm engaging in Argumentum ad Hominem (Personal Attack Fallacy). No, I care nothing of your logical argument with Brouser.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

BagHead727 wrote:Maybe take it as constructive criticism rather than a personal attack?
Either way you slice it that's all it comes down to. All he really had to say in this conversation was criticisms or attacks of me. Which I FULLY SUPPORT. Criticise me if that's what you want to do but at least own up to it. Tell me I'm a smelly cock gobbler if that's how you feel.

Instead, this was Nicotti's attempt to pretend like he had something to say about anything that was posted. Note that he didn't actually put forth any effort to contradict the facts I presented, he just wanted to ACT LIKE he knew better and then criticize me for it.
Nicotti wrote:
SubLunar wrote:There's no arguing the facts I presented

*Note* I'm not arguing Islam here. Just pointing out your oversized ego.
I have an ego because I researched the facts I linked, for which he still has yet to put forth any effort into countering. Trolling like a boss.

BagHead727 wrote: Your argument about 1.6 billion people being shit might be convincing, but naturally it also makes you sound like an asshole
And now we reach the point in the conversation where things that weren't actually previously stated are assumed and commented upon. That's understandable; The original post is now like 2 pages back because since then it's just been silly nonsense.

I was criticizing the Wahhabi theocracy of Saudi Arabia (via the actions of their soccer team at a recent game). If anyone wants to research the previous post and prove anything I said wrong, this is a public forum yet it hasn't happened yet. Nicotti only felt compelled to let us know that he obviously knows better *EYES ROLL* *DUH* and then he decided to attack me, yet he didn't actually put any work into countering what I said.

I can only assume Nicotti must know a lot about Wahhabism and the Saudi soccer team, but he's saving up his comments for one final BLAST of enlightenment. Clearly there must be something wrong with the facts that I presented, so I'm eagerly awaiting his refutation.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Yeah I'm too lazy to actually go through it now, I just remember something about it being difficult for you to distinguish between muslims that do and do not want to kill you
aka "That Guy"
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I'll help you out, Pew research says 1% of Muslims believe violence is often necessary and 7% say it is sometimes justified
aka "That Guy"
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I do suppose this is how most conversations tend to go these days..
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Yes, especially when you make racist statements lol
aka "That Guy"