Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

You can talk about anything here
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by Nicotti »

4-8 more years.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Edit: I found just the thread I was looking for!
aka "That Guy"
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Paid $23.50 to go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Much smaller collection than I expected and of stuff that was mostly unimpressive. Like.. Jim Morrisons Cub Scout uniform, some no name drummers rusty snare, or a beat-to fuck, rusted-to-hell guitar from Jim Hendrix.. hell, they had a cheap knock off of a Lady Gaga dress.

So little for such big bands. So many big bands not recognized. But a huge section for John Cougar Mellencamp? Woo boy.. Some Beyonce stuff and a couple sections dedicated to rap?

Total let down.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

crazydrummerdude wrote:Paid $23.50 to go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Much smaller collection than I expected and of stuff that was mostly unimpressive. Like.. Jim Morrisons Cub Scout uniform, some no name drummers rusty snare, or a beat-to fuck, rusted-to-hell guitar from Jim Hendrix.. hell, they had a cheap knock off of a Lady Gaga dress.

So little for such big bands. So many big bands not recognized. But a huge section for John Cougar Mellencamp? Woo boy.. Some Beyonce stuff and a couple sections dedicated to rap?

Total let down.
Preservation over plunder.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I ordered some motorcycle carburetor parts today. They were the correct parts for my bike if my bike had been sold in 49 of the 50 states or anywhere else in the world. But I learned today that my bike was not originally sold in any of those places. It was sold in California..... So I have a different shitty carburetor on my bike that meets California emissions requirements and none of the parts I ordered will fit.

Now I either have to return the parts ($65 of stuff) or order the carburetor ($500+ for the conversion kit and carb) that the rest of the world uses. I think I'm going to go with the latter. Unfortunately I don't have that money right now. Maybe I'll ask Santa...

Fuck California.
aka "That Guy"
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

The fact that I haven't heard a single person talk about the attack that happened on Ohio State University campus. Literally, not a single person. It's as though it didn't happen or people just want to ignore the fact that it happened. Personally, I think people are too pussyfoot to talk about it.

I feel that if a Somali refugee and permanent American resident states "By Allah, we will not let you sleep unless you give peace to the Muslims. You will not celebrate or enjoy any holiday" on social media and then proceeds to attack a university campus, we should be talking about it.

I don't agree with Trump on a ton, but I agree that we shouldn't be taking in refugees from Muslim countries. Islamic extremism should be treated as a deadly infectious disease, and with any deadly infectious disease, you quarantine populations that may be affected and allow in only those individuals who have been thoroughly vetted. And why do we let these people into our country anyway when we know that >70% of them hate America to begin with? Just let them suffer in their own shitty countries if they hate us so much.

Most importantly, let's keep that jihad bullshit off of American soil. The frontlines are currently in Muslim countries, and that's where the front lines need to stay, far away from American soil and away from our college campuses. We already have our own domestic terror groups to deal with that are festering on college campuses (ie. BLM).
aka "That Guy"
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

At least you didn't see the dumbass tweets calling him "another man of color killed by a cop in America". :x :x

And I agree with what you are saying about immigration, I'd rather the US not suffer the same issues that Germany, France, and other European countries are having with Muslim immigrants.

Although, it would also be nice if the US (and other countries) would stop arming warlords in Muslim countries to take out other warlords and causing general instability.

Also this.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

BagHead727 wrote:The fact that I haven't heard a single person talk about the attack that happened on Ohio State University campus. Literally, not a single person. It's as though it didn't happen or people just want to ignore the fact that it happened. Personally, I think people are too pussyfoot to talk about it.

I feel that if a Somali refugee and permanent American resident states "By Allah, we will not let you sleep unless you give peace to the Muslims. You will not celebrate or enjoy any holiday" on social media and then proceeds to attack a university campus, we should be talking about it.

I don't agree with Trump on a ton, but I agree that we shouldn't be taking in refugees from Muslim countries. Islamic extremism should be treated as a deadly infectious disease, and with any deadly infectious disease, you quarantine populations that may be affected and allow in only those individuals who have been thoroughly vetted. And why do we let these people into our country anyway when we know that >70% of them hate America to begin with? Just let them suffer in their own shitty countries if they hate us so much.

Most importantly, let's keep that jihad bullshit off of American soil. The frontlines are currently in Muslim countries, and that's where the front lines need to stay, far away from American soil and away from our college campuses. We already have our own domestic terror groups to deal with that are festering on college campuses (ie. BLM).
its a much more slippery slope than that. also its dangerous to throw around figures like ">70%"....have anything to prove that? you have to walk a fine line between national security and religious and personal freedom/rights.
sucks all around.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I used Gallup for the 70% figure.
aka "That Guy"
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Freedom and rights have nothing to do with it. Someone living in the middle east has no American rights
aka "That Guy"
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

That 70-degree day we had was fun, but I sprained my wrist from slipping on some mud. Don't know why the hell I chose to wear smooth tennis shoes instead of my boots... So now I'm in pain and may not be able to explore for the next few weeks. Which makes me angry, dammit.
Preservation over plunder.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

These god damn jerks on another forum, or specifically their classifieds section.

All of my probably 15 purchases have turned out to be complete junk.

Screw the new guy! Sell him junk, but say it's good!

I posted a thread about it, not naming anyone or using any bad language, and it got deleted.

Fuckers. Fuck them!