Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

You can talk about anything here
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by BagHead727 »

Fundamentally, if it's your land, you should be able to do what you want on it. The government and those bitches can get the fuck out of his personal business.
aka "That Guy"
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by SubLunar »

I paid for a 5 week piano lesson. 200 bucks. Learned nothing new. I fucking told the guy that I can already read music, I've been playing guitar for 20 years now. I'm looking for things I can apply to my playing immediately. Dude starts me at the beginning of a book more geared towards kids who've never seen music before. At least I was able to cancel my last class for a small refund.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

I'd be willing to bet there are a shit ton of youtube lessons out there.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

yeah but it's nice to talk to people sometimes.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

I wish I had stuck with my piano lessons as a kid...
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I think it's the teaching style that's the problem.

I calculated that at the current pace of my lessons, we would have taken 15 weeks to get to the end of this book. That would have cost $600. I could just go through this stupid thing myself for free. But I still wouldn't be learning anything new.

They need to put more emphasis on teaching songs, or song building material like chords and scales. Things that can be employed immediately. Instead, most teachers make the process as boring and disengaging as possible. Just so they can say "hey, you just aren't dedicated enough to get up to my level". Instead of making finger position and posture and note learning each their own separate course, why not teach a chord and during the process of learning the chord, instruct the student on the correct posture and finger position. Or throw in some dexterity exercises while learning the basics. Things like that. The book I'm on teaches only one note/one finger at a time. In the most boring way possible.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

How familiar are you with music theory?

I can make some cool piano riffs based solely on my theory knowledge.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

What made me mad today?

Douchebag gym owner promised me a free t-shirt by email, then when it was time to claim it, said I'm not eligible but that I could get a discount on buying one of their shirts. Uh, fuck no, bitch. You sent me an email specifically telling me I get a free t-shirt by showing up for a class.

Oh, and some douchebag friend of the owner brought his 2 small kids to class with him, so there were tiny children running around the gym the whole time.

God, what an annoying situation. Fuck that place.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Fuck going to gyms in the first place. I exercise on an almost daily basis but I do it outdoors. I can't stand working out indoors, staring at a wall..
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

crazydrummerdude wrote:How familiar are you with music theory?

That's the thing. I can read music and can slowly teach myself whatever. But my weakness is the next level stuff. I don't need to go through beginner baby shit every time. I'm ready for the next phase. On piano, that would be chords and scales and such. I know I can google the stuff, but sitting down with someone and explaining what I'm looking for would get me in the right direction and provide a more accellerated course to getting where I want to go.

I've got a shit ton of awesome software synthesizers and some hardware ones, including vintage organs and whatnot. I want to start using those things more proficiently and incorporate them into my music better.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

SubLunar wrote:Fuck going to gyms in the first place. I exercise on an almost daily basis but I do it outdoors. I can't stand working out indoors, staring at a wall..
Eh, if you go to one, you're more inclined to work hard.
SubLunar wrote:
crazydrummerdude wrote:How familiar are you with music theory?

That's the thing. I can read music and can slowly teach myself whatever. But my weakness is the next level stuff. I don't need to go through beginner baby shit every time. I'm ready for the next phase. On piano, that would be chords and scales and such. I know I can google the stuff, but sitting down with someone and explaining what I'm looking for would get me in the right direction and provide a more accellerated course to getting where I want to go.

I've got a shit ton of awesome software synthesizers and some hardware ones, including vintage organs and whatnot. I want to start using those things more proficiently and incorporate them into my music better.
If you can fit it in your schedule, you should take a theory class. Like, the one at SCC (I think it's usually mornings, unfortunately).
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by SubLunar »

crazydrummerdude wrote:
SubLunar wrote:Fuck going to gyms in the first place. I exercise on an almost daily basis but I do it outdoors. I can't stand working out indoors, staring at a wall..
Eh, if you go to one, you're more inclined to work hard.
Not my thing. I used to go because my ladyfriend was a fitness instructor.

I far prefer riding 20+ miles on the katy trail on my bmx bike, for example. Or running from security guards. etc
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

What made me mad today?

I'm getting my shitty car up to not-as-shitty status.

Not sure if it was totally necessary, but I had my fuel injectors ultrasonic cleaned and new fiddly bits put on them. It was $20/injector to get cleaned instead of like $200/injector for new ones.

I'd be willing to bet that the new o-rings aren't OEM. I understand that it should be a snug fit, but those sons of bitches took hours to squeeze, press, tap, pound, squeeze again in place.

My engine has a square fuel rail that delivers to each of the injectors. After bumping it with the rubber mallet a thousand times to get it to fit, I noticed I had started to dent in the top of it. It's not bashed to hell, but it is concave a little bit now.

Fucking pissed me right off!
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

crazydrummerdude wrote:fiddly bits
snug fit
squeeze
pound
squeeze again
bashed to hell
Fucking
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Can't wait til everyone shuts the fuck up about their political opinions on social media.