Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

You can talk about anything here
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by mindwaave »

Got this 70cc Chinese pitbike for $380 on the way to a campout last weekend. I just wanted something cheap that would fit in my car and be fun to putt around the property on. The bike was a blast and it was fun letting others give it a spin, but after a few hours of use, smoke was starting to appear with the exhaust. I took it aside to cool for a while, but the next person to ride had the engine sieze-up. While I fully understood I wasn't buying a quality pitbike, it was pretty disappointing to take home such an expensive rolling paperweight after less than 5 hours of use. The previous owner had neither legal nor voluntary responsibility to give me a refund, but did offer to take a look at it. Oh well. I'd like to find a replacement engine (idk if fitment would be troublesome), but might just junk it and start saving again for a little Honda or something around $700 for next summer...

RIP Yellow Assbike

Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by SubLunar »

2-stroke?
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: RE: Post One Thing That Made You Mad About Today

Post by mindwaave »

SubLunar wrote:2-stroke?
4 stroke, fully automatic (which was kinda lame but wasn't my top priority), electric start. Bike had plenty of oil left, my guess is that it seized due to relatively intensive riding after an extended period of inactivity. The starter makes a clicking sound, but the crankbolt won't turn with a wrench. Wouldn't be surprised if the piston ring welded itself to the cylinder wall or something.
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Also, it seems like that shit always happens when someone else is riding it. I think every time i've had a bike die like that it was while someone else was on it. Makes me paranoid about letting anyone ride my stuff!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

mindwaave wrote:
SubLunar wrote:2-stroke?
4 stroke, fully automatic (which was kinda lame but wasn't my top priority), electric start. Bike had plenty of oil left, my guess is that it seized due to relatively intensive riding after an extended period of inactivity. The starter makes a clicking sound, but the crankbolt won't turn with a wrench. Wouldn't be surprised if the piston ring welded itself to the cylinder wall or something.
Oh, well then. I was going to say maybe you didn't have the right mixture of oil/gas. As a 4 stroke if it died that fast, most likely the previous owner knew something was wrong.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

honestly I wouldn't ever recommend getting one of those chinese bikes. Finding parts or support is near impossible. Although I lean towards Yamaha stuff, Honda makes a lot of excellent smaller bikes.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

mindwaave wrote: RIP Yellow Assbike

LMFAO
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Keep the frame and pop an old Briggs and Stratton 8hp on there. You will only have one gear, so you might need a different sized sprocket. I know you can get the Briggs 6.5hp a dime a dozen, but 8hp would be more fun
aka "That Guy"
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

SubLunar wrote:Also, it seems like that shit always happens when someone else is riding it. I think every time i've had a bike die like that it was while someone else was on it. Makes me paranoid about letting anyone ride my stuff!
Same with any piece of gear.

No, you can't ride my motorcycle or play my guitar.

I think the thing about letting other people ride dirtbikes/4-wheelers, is they're hot dogging it and are clueless to symptoms of trouble, so they just ring it out past all the banging and clattering until it seizes.

I think this is par for the course for the little Chineses bikes, but it's a shame it happened to soon. I second the engine swap proposition.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

A couple representatives from a company came into work earlier this week and asked me if they could expand their inventory in my department to increase sales. I tell them no, their products are out of season and I want to focus on merchandising seasonal products. Also their products are overpriced and aren't competitive anyway. I tell them they can use only what shelf space they already have.

Keep in mind I have no physical contracts with this company and they don't have to pay for the shelf space that I have already allotted them. The only reason their products are in my store in the first place is because I'm a nice guy and it's a local Missouri company. I'll always try to help out a smaller local company if I can.

Today the representatives come back with a shipment of freight. They tell our receiving associates that the order had been approved, and so the freight gets transferred to my inventory. The sales representatives come up to me and ask me where I want to set up the display... I tell them that I did not approve the order and cannot accommodate them. They respond back that someone else approved the order. I tell them they have no idea what they are talking about because I'm the only one who approves the orders, and I already told them no. I didn't say maybe; I didn't say I'll think about it; I said NO. But they didn't listen and so now I'm stuck with a significant dollar amount of shit inventory that I didn't want.

That's a great way to ruin a business relationship, and you can guess whose products I'm never carrying in my store ever again. I'll give that shelf space to a company that can actually follow a simple instruction.
Last edited by BagHead727 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka "That Guy"
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Ahh SNAP!
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Nasty old bitches bitching about their neighbor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 8HZDm8BmbE
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

Al-Shabaab militants cut my hands off today.. damn
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

crazydrummerdude wrote:Nasty old bitches bitching about their neighbor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 8HZDm8BmbE
Well..that dude is running a business for sure in an area not zoned for it. I mean look at the place ..seriously. Is he being taxed for "helping out his friends?"..no. Is he gonna get his ass in a crack with the IRS?..yes. That fucker is full of shit. My sympathies are with the old bitches.

If this was like Mad Max aftermath land.. that shit would be ok. We live under the yoke. If you gonna cheat The Man, be discrete about it
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I think we're missing key information. How often are cars going in and out of that place? Is he out there 9-5 M-F doing this work on "friend's" cars? We'd have to have more specific details. But I'm inclined to think if those bitches didn't say there's constant traffic in and out of there and things of that nature, then there probably isn't. Their biggest evidence of any problem there is code violations. Seems awful petty of them.

Honestly, those dumb bitches didn't make a good case against him and it's clear they have no fucking life and are a little too concerned about what their neighbor does for a hobby.