Slenderman Project - Locations?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Nazo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Slenderman Project - Locations?

Post by Nazo »

Right, so, some of you lot may know of the internet urban legend of Slenderman. Obviously, it's a meme born from the internet, made pretty famous by Marble Hornets.
A group of companions and I are in the process of making our own version of well, Slenderman shenanigans.

Set here in Springfield. Surrounded by a group of 17-20 year old kids, "vlogging" for online friends overseas. Happening upon strange occurrences and seemingly being "stalked" by a rather... tall and slender creature.

Basically, I would like to possibly know of some good spots to shoot this kind of footage in particular. Even locations that are a good driving distance away from town. Maybe some insight on very rare places that we could incorporate the Marble Hornet's "The Red Tower" and such. Abandoned houses, farm mills, tunnels; anything worn down, we wouldn't mind a little bit of trespassing.

Marble Hornets (to get the idea):
http://www.youtube.com/user/MarbleHornets
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

RE: Slenderman Project - Locations?

Post by liesreality »

Sounds like fun. Sent you a few places.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: Slenderman Project - Locations?

Post by Willard »

Odd, I've never heard of this... maybe I'm just too old anymore...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
DeathByMoth
BANNED
BANNED

Re: Slenderman Project - Locations?

Post by DeathByMoth »

Go out to Winoka Lodge.

Last time we were there, there was a few people camping out by the pool, who were supposedly looking for "The Skinwalker". Apparently the Native Americans of this area told legends about a Skinwalker, though admittedly, I've no idea what that is supposed to be. I've read that it was the Native American equivalent of a Werewolf, and also that it's more like the "Rake creature" Urban Legend, of internet fame. Either way, the legends are certainly bullshit, but Winoka would be an excellent location for the kind of footage you're after.
- Y U NO LIKE RANDY?!?!
Nazo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Nazo »

Winoka Lodge sounds very interesting... and perfect sounding for what I'm going for. I'll be sure to visit and see what footage I can get! That chimney looks eerie from the pictures I just looked up... I really do have to check it out. hah
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Sounds like your going to have fun.

Deathmoth---Skinwalker, hmm..... In avilla, mo supposedly there are "shadow folk"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avilla,_Mi ... hadow_Folk

Some co-workers live in the town, and i jokinly asked them about the shadow folk, and they had never even heard of such a thing.