Flameville

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
fat_and_sassy81
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Flameville

Post by fat_and_sassy81 »

Does anyone know anything about the town Flameville? It's a town out the middle of the woods around Henryetta, OK. I've been out there a couple of times and the story is suppossed to be if you drive out there at night and ring the bell at the church that's out there that the town's people will chase you in their vehicles and fire guns at you. We've never tried to ring the bell but we did get out and take a picture sitting on the rock that says: Welcome to Flameville, On Christ the Solid Rock We Stand.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Flameville

Post by Willard »

Flamers!!!!! :twisted:
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

Ive heard a rough rendition of the story but didnt know where it was ever at.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

hahahaha

so it's kind of a like sick demented version of that town from "Big Fish"?
beautiful_sadness
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by beautiful_sadness »

Wait, is this town, like an abandoned ghost town, or are there still people living there?
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

actually flameville is a community of Weleetka, OK.look for it on google earth.
The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other sorry bastard die for his.
-Gen. Patton
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Re: Flameville

Post by whipping_post »

fat_and_sassy81 wrote:Does anyone know anything about the town Flameville? It's a town out the middle of the woods around Henryetta, OK. I've been out there a couple of times and the story is suppossed to be if you drive out there at night and ring the bell at the church that's out there that the town's people will chase you in their vehicles and fire guns at you. We've never tried to ring the bell but we did get out and take a picture sitting on the rock that says: Welcome to Flameville, On Christ the Solid Rock We Stand.
I'd almost call this an urban legend myself. There are a lot of stories that sound like this so I'm somewhat hesitant to buy into this one at the moment. Though I've been to some pretty podunk towns here, that one doesn't sound familiar.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

I've heard that if you go to the zoo and fling poop at the monkeys they'll fling poop back.
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cousin »

cobcob wrote:I've heard that if you go to the zoo and fling poop at the monkeys they'll fling poop back.
you deserve some rep for this post
bugo
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by bugo »

I was in Kenwood, OK taking pictures of a bridge and several cars full of locals got out and started harassing us. We finally convinced them we were up to no harm and they left. It was scary for a few minutes though. There were 3 of us and about 10-12 of them and one of them had a hammer. I'll never go back to Kenwood again.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

I thought this was going to be a facebook application game :)
Kit wrote:I am old