Underground Ozarks Forum Gallery Forum Blog
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Missouri Treasure
View previous topic | View next topic  
atron
Jedi Infiltrator

Locations: Springfield, Pryor OK
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this list of treasure clues/rumors in missouri. The spanish gold is near here sounds kinda cool, anyone know anything else about it?

Heres the list:
Ellis Trast buried a cache of stolen outlaw loot about 3 miles outside of Huzzah. The cache was carried up a small hollow from Haunted Springs to a shelter rock and put in a fox hole under a bluff and covered with rocks. The skull of a horse head was left as a marker.

There are legends that tell of a cache of Spanish treasure buried in the area of Noble Hill, on Hwy 13, about 13 miles north of Springfield on the Polk-Greene County line.

The outlaw Hillary Farrington buried a cache of loot on the old Duram farm at Jeona.

A cache of gold coins known as the Kaffer Treasure is buried in the area of Armstrong.

Around 1927, $25,000 in gems and jewelry, hidden by bandits who robbed a jewelry store, was buried at the foot of an old oak tree between two large roots about 6 miles east of Independence.
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Springfield, West Plains

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: RE: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

where did you get this info? if any of the locations are at all specific i would be interested in looking into it further...
thetrio
Whiskey Tango

Locations: independence

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: RE: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

This site has some info on the Spanish treasure with some "directions" on how to find it.

http://www.losttreasure.com/statetales/taleMO.cfm

S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box

Locations: Kansas City

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

The Kansas one is pretty cool too.

http://www.losttreasure.com/statetales/taleKS.cfm

DblD
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Springfield, MO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: RE: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

There is the Alf Bolin Treasure. Supposedly located somewhere along Fox Creek in Taney County.
See this link for more information on Alf Bolin.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-Treasures4.html
http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/periodicals/bittersweet/sp83b.htm

I have been down to where I think “Murder Rocks” are located. Along the old Springfield – Harrison Road on Pine Mountain – I couldn’t find anyone that could tell me exactly where I needed to be looking. I stopped and asked three different people about “Murder Rocks” but didn’t get a very warm reception from anyone. I was down there researching a possible Geocache site. Any Geocachers on this forum?

dd

I’d rather die while I’m living – than live while I’m dead”
-Jimmy Buffett
Grue
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

Yeah, we've been geocaching for a short while. Its a lotta fun. I need to get the bug I picked up back to CA tho so it can continue having beers in all the provinces.

Some of the treasure stashes sound like they would need a GPR or at least a significant depth extender to find. My poor Ace 250 probably wouldnt have much luck, even if I could find the approximate location.

I knew a person from these parts who used GPR to map gravesites for her research project. It was very very sweet.
Solliz138
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Jefferson City

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

Perhaps a google search on "knights of the golden circle" will pull up some stuff for you all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Locations: Have gun, will travel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

DblD wrote:
There is the Alf Bolin Treasure. Supposedly located somewhere along Fox Creek in Taney County.
See this link for more information on Alf Bolin.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/MO-Treasures4.html
http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/periodicals/bittersweet/sp83b.htm

I have been down to where I think “Murder Rocks” are located. Along the old Springfield – Harrison Road on Pine Mountain – I couldn’t find anyone that could tell me exactly where I needed to be looking. I stopped and asked three different people about “Murder Rocks” but didn’t get a very warm reception from anyone. I was down there researching a possible Geocache site. Any Geocachers on this forum?

dd

Ah, murder rocks. One of my old favorites. On my first attempt to find the place, I got shot at.

cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Locations: Installing your mindcontrolanalprobe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

Just FYI, the company I might or might not be working for may or may not be involved in a development at a location that is possibly or possibly not know as "Murder Rock"

Pinkspider wrote:
check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Locations: St James Missouri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

wow so do you like manybe or maybe not kinda in some way or not work for the goverment or not---kinda like the answers they like to give
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Locations: Have gun, will travel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

cobcob wrote:
Just FYI, the company I might or might not be working for may or may not be involved in a development at a location that is possibly or possibly not know as "Murder Rock"

You know, I'm familiar with that company, and they are idiots. I read in the paper what they were up to, but I don't think they actually know where the Murder Rocks are. I hate those fuckers for what they did to the ghost town of Melva.

FrizZ
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: RE: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

We're geocachers too. Just started with the family about a month ago. Whimspiration at your service. *grin*
cherry63376
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: St Charles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: RE: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

I have a book, the treasures of missouri. some treasures near west plains. most on the st james river some of which is under water due to table rock lake. also there is a bridge under water at kimberling city where route 13 crossed the white river. if the lake is down and the water calm you could see the bridge. they couldn't dismantle the bridge fast enough when the lake filled.
Former User #1
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

gimpface wrote:
cobcob wrote:

You know, I'm familiar with that company, and they are idiots. I read in the paper what they were up to, but I don't think they actually know where the Murder Rocks are. I hate those fuckers for what they did to the ghost town of Melva.

Don't hold it against him. Besides, who couldn't use yet another 18 hole golf course?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Missouri Treasure Reply with quote

tiamat wrote:
gimpface wrote:
cobcob wrote:

Don't hold it against him. Besides, who couldn't use yet another 18 hole golf course?

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2