So I tried Absenthe...

You can talk about anything here
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

So I tried Absenthe...

Post by Underdog »

Although it was fun to try once the extra "effects" are not worth the extra money and lack of taste. A few months ago Absenthe was legalized in the U.S. again so I'd figure I'd try it to see what the fuss was all about. Me and a few friends split the cost (73 bucks) for a bottle. If you like blackl licorice mixed with Robutusen you'd probably like this more than I.
The effects were pretty good though. After the first watered down glass I instantly felt the effects come on strong. Yes, it is in a type of concentrate and you have to water it down. While there are many myths about Absenthe the truth is that it gives you a very lucid intoxicated experience. You are not sleepy or groggy like with the normal stuff. In fact we all three had a race running around the block after we were pretty "happy". All around I'd say try it once for the novelty but it wears off fast.
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Re: So I tried Absenthe...

Post by redox »

Damn, I thought that shit made folks back in the day hallucinate shades of blue, eventually leading to blindness. Wormwood is toxic...no? Where did you get it?
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: So I tried Absenthe...

Post by Curor »

Is that the stuff that glows green?
Everyone else who lets me ride on their dinosaur calls me Carlos.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Underdog wrote:Although it was fun to try once the extra "effects" are not worth the extra money and lack of taste. A few months ago Absenthe was legalized in the U.S. again so I'd figure I'd try it to see what the fuss was all about. Me and a few friends split the cost (73 bucks) for a bottle. If you like blackl licorice mixed with Robutusen you'd probably like this more than I.
The effects were pretty good though. After the first watered down glass I instantly felt the effects come on strong. Yes, it is in a type of concentrate and you have to water it down. While there are many myths about Absenthe the truth is that it gives you a very lucid intoxicated experience. You are not sleepy or groggy like with the normal stuff. In fact we all three had a race running around the block after we were pretty "happy". All around I'd say try it once for the novelty but it wears off fast.
Here is a site that can hopefully make your next absinthe experience better Absinthe Buyers Guide

Sounds like you got ripped off.
Last edited by Willard on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

I remember drinking a drink called ROCKDEPUTZ or something like that when I was in germany...I'm not really sure what it was, but they brought it to your table and lit it on fire...It didn't have any "Extra" qualitys about it but it sure got you drunk!!! Wish I knew exactally what it was...anyone ever heard of this????
I DIDN'T SAY THAT YOU SAID THAT I SAID THAT......
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Can you get real absinthe in Mexico?
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

I think at this point that "everything" is available in mexico...its just the getting back accross the border part that becomes a problem....Also...mexico is becoming increasingly dangerous with the drug cartels controling the police and military...be careful if you plan on venturing accross the border!!!
Nemophilist
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Nemophilist »

I've been trying to get my hands on some of that stuff for a while, it sounds pretty interesting, which is saying something since I tend to be picky about alcohol. I had no idea the price was that steep though. That may make things a little more difficult.
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

Veruth wrote:I've been trying to get my hands on some of that stuff for a while, it sounds pretty interesting, which is saying something since I tend to be picky about alcohol. I had no idea the price was that steep though. That may make things a little more difficult.
Ok...not meaning to sound like the prude of the bunch...but your profile says your 19....
What happened to 21????
Nemophilist
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Nemophilist »

Yeah, that is the main reason I haven't gotten to try it yet. Buying things by proxy can be a pain. As for the age thing, I tend to go by my own morality first and then take laws into consideration afterward. Plus, drinking at all is pretty rare for me to begin with so it's almost a non-issue.

Edit: Not to say I act with complete disregard for the law, I just take other things into consideration when making my decisions.
Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

Veruth wrote:Yeah, that is the main reason I haven't gotten to try it yet. Buying things by proxy can be a pain. As for the age thing, I tend to go by my own morality first and then take laws into consideration afterward. Plus, drinking at all is pretty rare for me to begin with so it's almost a non-issue.

Edit: Not to say I act with complete disregard for the law, I just take other things into consideration when making my decisions.
What morality are you talking about? (Oh, and Chris says that he likes it pretty well)
Everyone else who lets me ride on their dinosaur calls me Carlos.
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

What morality are you talking about? (Oh, and Chris says that he likes it pretty well)

Now thats funny...especially the last part...funny how it just rolled into ...(Oh, and Chris says that he likes it pretty well)

I'm laughing my #SS off right now!!
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

I, unknowingly, had this stuff while in Australia. We went on a pub crawl, and every new bar we arrived at they were handing out shots of it at the door, plus more to be had inside.

No hallucinations resulted, but I still don't remember how I got home that night. Made more sense the next day when I found out what we were drinking. Scary...
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

If you bought it in the US it is not the same as what you would get in Europe. We carried it at the store I worked in, and it is missing some key ingredients. If you want to try the real deal you will have to order it online, and pay an arm and a leg.
Nemophilist
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Nemophilist »

From what I've heard it was never hallucinogenic to begin with, but I don't have any evidence of that and can't even remember where I heard it so who knows.