Missouri Morel Season

You can talk about anything here
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: Missouri Morel Season

Post by crazydrummerdude »

White Rabbit wrote:
lolabelle wrote:WR - think that your brother is having better luck due to the location being further south?
Maybe, but I've been looking to the south of him (southeast, actually).

And he went out today and found 119 more. He's up to over 500 now.

I went out today after work and you know how many I found?

ONE. ONE FUCKING MOREL.

It's really starting to piss me off.
:lol:

He's gotta have a secret growing operation somewhere.. that's ridiculous.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

Ya, he should think about drying and selling them. We were at Pricecutter the other day, and they are selling packs of dried morels - .5 oz for $8.99. There were about 8 or 9 morels in the pack. It was crazy.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I had morels for dinner. Yummy yum yum. :)
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

White Rabbit wrote:I had morels for dinner. Yummy yum yum. :)

Soo jealous! We went out last night and found ... one tiny mushroom. It was about 3/4" tall. Left it to enjoy it's young life. Told it I would be back in a few days though...
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Missouri Morel Season

Post by White Rabbit »

I found 15 today. My brother found 24. :)
Attachments
Both of ours.
Both of ours.
Mine.
Mine.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Damn these tests and assignments. I wanted to go today so bad.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I'm going to eat this baby in one bite.
Attachments
mushrooms3.jpg
mushrooms3.jpg (75.47 KiB) Viewed 16989 times
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

We found 17 last night. Some of them were pretty dry, but a good soak has them back to normal. Smallest around the size of a penny, largest, about 2.5-3" tall.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

So, this morning I parked my truck at the trailhead by the yard waste recycling center and rode my bike to the South Creek Trail, and the South Creek trail to Kings Street, and Kings Street across to campus. On one of those trails I passed a guy in the woods with 5 or 6 large morels in his hand. I know where to look close by the house, now. BTW, that's a 9 mile ride, and saves me a substantial amount of city driving in my gas hog truck. Takes me about 45 minutes to ride it.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

That's awesome. I wish in was in a position to ride to work. Saves money and great exercise. I'm jealous.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I thought about you when I saw him with the morels and you wanting to know a place close by where you could look. There ya go.
― Ken Ham
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I found three. Sigh. I sauteed them in butter and put them on a salad with some portobellos that I did the same with.
― Ken Ham
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

Ok Saturday me and the guys finally got out to the country and went looking for morels. It took awhile before we started finding them. I am not disclosing where we found them, however we found 35 morels between 2 inches and 7 inches tall. It was prime location. On the side of a rocky hill that did not face the sun. I must say we worked our asses off finding them, however the yield was nice.
I was so worried about not finding any this year. But looks like the timing was just right. I cannot explain how hard they were to see, some were growing between limestone boulders and other in grassy areas. All of them were covered in leaves and took a good eye to find.

Id say we did not cover 1/4 the area they were growing in. I plan on going back out on Wednesday to collect more.

I was gonna take pics, however the shitty $1 batteries would not turn on my camera. Ill take some next time.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

We found 25 last night. About average in size. I've noticed that we've been finding them in areas that have broken down tree debris. Last time we found them near where a tree had gone through a chipper; last night I found them near a tree had been cut down, or the termites had been working on a downed tree. Never found them like this before - thought it might be helpful to others though!

Also found 3 false morels - each about the size of a large grapefruit/small canteloupe. They were HUGE!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

lolabelle wrote:We found 25 last night. About average in size. I've noticed that we've been finding them in areas that have broken down tree debris. Last time we found them near where a tree had gone through a chipper; last night I found them near a tree had been cut down, or the termites had been working on a downed tree. Never found them like this before - thought it might be helpful to others though!

Also found 3 false morels - each about the size of a large grapefruit/small canteloupe. They were HUGE!
Pictures! False morels, too!