Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels
View previous topic | View next topic  
burvil_explorers
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Berryville, AR
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

Last weekend me a couple of my friends entered into the Hot Springs Creek tunnel and were able to travel from one end of downtown up above the bath houses, to an exit down past them.

Picture of the Creek steaming in the cold weather.

Picture of the inside of the tunnel at the exit.

A pipe running perpendicular to the tunnel. Notice the change in the tunnel from concrete to brick.

Connects to the long pipe running most of the tunnel.This is where a bath house was at one point.

Another view down the length of the tunnel. Notice this time the tunnel has changed from brick to actual rock.

We are planning to head back another time and get some more pictures. Once again I had camera troubles and the camera wouldn't work off of the extra batteries I had brought. All and all though it was an amazing trip.

Last edited by burvil_explorers on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Locations: NWA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

Crap! Pics are broken. I really want to see these pics. Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Locations: Installing your mindcontrolanalprobe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

Try these bro...
http://bp2.blogger.com/_EKMFveJTZio/R5zjeDd8LyI/AAAAAAAAAE8/NgwPfGDYZyE/s1600-h/IMG_4650.JPG
http://bp1.blogger.com/_EKMFveJTZio/R5zjEzd8LwI/AAAAAAAAAEs/TYVzVV3574U/s1600-h/IMG_4652.JPG
http://bp2.blogger.com/_EKMFveJTZio/R5ziQDd8LuI/AAAAAAAAAEc/_756WIYWxlw/s1600-h/IMG_4680.JPG
http://bp1.blogger.com/_EKMFveJTZio/R5zh2zd8LtI/AAAAAAAAAEU/9Lwf_qSLCd4/s1600-h/IMG_4676.JPG
http://bp1.blogger.com/_EKMFveJTZio/R5zhkzd8LsI/AAAAAAAAAEM/n_XejuymaeI/s1600-h/IMG_4678.JPG

Pinkspider wrote:
check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
pinkspider
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Locations: conway, AR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

wow the fog O.o we get that in conway some times. awesoem tunnels tho Very Happy any idea what they were used for?

check here for geeky crocheted goodness and crazy ass fake hair Very Happy
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6160340
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
burvil_explorers
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

It was built in 1880 to control the creek. It also has pipes that run the hot water to the bathhouses. There are supposed to be some ways to other underground areas from them as well.
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Locations: Carthage MO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

How long is the tunnel?
Grue
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

Great pics, thanks for posting them!!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Locations: The Lou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

those are a nice pair a shoes in pic 4, those converse? how old are they?

burvil_explorers
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

Those are Converse. They are my friends and I'm not sure how old they are but I can find out. I do know that they were really beaten up and this is probably their last trip. The heel separated from the rest of the shoe when he fell one time.
jakethesartech2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Locations: sherwood, arkansas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

i have a pair of converse, i love em cause they are really comfortable
Muffduster
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Elkins, AR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: RE: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

It'd be cool if you took the tunnel all the way to the abandoned underground bowling alley with people's names and scores painted on the walls.
bwilly20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Cabot, AR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

Muffduster wrote:
It'd be cool if you took the tunnel all the way to the abandoned underground bowling alley with people's names and scores painted on the walls.

more info fool!!!! still accessible??
djfoxsr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Hot Springs,AR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

Yes, still accessible, but i haven't found the bowling alley yet,,,hope to try again soon. PM if you need any info or a meet up to show locations
jakethesartech2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Locations: sherwood, arkansas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

dude a meet up would be sweet! im game to check it out anytime
djfoxsr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Hot Springs,AR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Hot Springs Undergound-Hot Springs Creek Tunnels Reply with quote

Just let me know about when you are interested in going. I work 24 hours a day on call and have every other weekend off, so figure a general time and i'll let you know the exact weekends i'm off around that time. we will get it posted up in case anybody else want's to join in.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2