Ritter Springs Park and Cave

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Re: Ritter Springs Park and Cave

Post by jammer_smith »

There was a cave behind the archery range? I did not know this.

I know there are a couple of other caves on the property beside the three everyone knows about, but I havn't been able to get a good feel for locations on them.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
kev
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by kev »

Can anyone explain to me where the cable bridge is or the caves. Only been a couple times and found a cave off to the left before you cross the waterfall bridge.
moffster120
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Ritter Springs Park and Cave

Post by moffster120 »

I have been searching for Ritter's cave for some time now and have a potential location within the park. I may be mistaken, however, as there in another power cut region in the area the cave may be on. Either way, if anyone has information on it let me know, as I have the map and want to knock it out.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

I don't think any of the caves in the park are called Ritter Cave. I think there is a cave some ways further south called Ritter cave, but I havn't managed to pinpoint the location just yet. It's on private property either way.

The big obvious caves at Ritter park are Junction Cave, Bat Cave, and Devil's Den/Slide. There are also a couple of other small hole-in-the-wall caves on the property and a sink hole cave called Copperhead Pit either on the park property or just off of it, but I havn't managed to locate that yet.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
rleebaker
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Ritter Springs Park and Cave

Post by rleebaker »

I have a pdf of map Boy Scouts (who are/were doing glade restoration just SW of bat cave) prepared a few years ago. email me rleebaker@gmail.com Also have several videos on you tube...Ritter Springs Springfield MO user rleebaker. Spring originates 1/4 mile west and 100 yards north of old Ritter Elemntary Schools (which is now being used by Head Start) about 1 mile NW of Lowes. Spring is on private property.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

ooo you just put your email on a public forum? That'll be exciting.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand