Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Something you may find interesting, Willard

Post by Nicotti »

Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment for The Heers Building

http://www.springfieldmo.gov//egov/plan ... cntrl.html

Thought I think it's from before they gutted the building.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Something you may find interesting, Willard

Post by Willard »

I hadn't seen the assesment before but I was familiar with all of the stuff they were talking about... I pretty much knew that building fairly well before the gutting. I believe Prost too care of 99% of that stuff.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
horrorshow chelloveck
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

RE: Something you may find interesting, Willard

Post by horrorshow chelloveck »

I found this pretty interesting...

"One approximately 1,000 gallon underground fuel oil tank is located on the property. This tank is a potential source for petroleum contamination of soil and groundwater at the property. Determination of the presence/extent of any petroleum impact will require a subsurface investigation, including sample collection. It is recommended that the tank should be removed if it will no longer be used."

Seeing as there hasn't been any massive excavation equipment sitting around the Heers, I doubt they've dug this up.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: RE: Something you may find interesting, Willard

Post by cobcob »

horrorshow chelloveck wrote:I found this pretty interesting...

"One approximately 1,000 gallon underground fuel oil tank is located on the property. This tank is a potential source for petroleum contamination of soil and groundwater at the property. Determination of the presence/extent of any petroleum impact will require a subsurface investigation, including sample collection. It is recommended that the tank should be removed if it will no longer be used."

Seeing as there hasn't been any massive excavation equipment sitting around the Heers, I doubt they've dug this up.
Probably hasn't been removed... most likely it will wind up being filled in with sand, concrete, flyash, or something similar... Maybe a few dozen bags of kitty litter?
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: Something you may find interesting, Willard

Post by Willard »

cobcob wrote:
horrorshow chelloveck wrote:I found this pretty interesting...

Probably hasn't been removed... most likely it will wind up being filled in with sand, concrete, flyash, or something similar... Maybe a few dozen bags of kitty litter?
Actually it has been removed. Months and months ago I after they had torn down the buildings there were several deep holes dug (some were just the shells of old hotel basements) to remove old hotel boilers and what not. Not only was the building the Book Rack was in part of an old hotel, there was another hotel that sat at the southeast corner of Campbell and Olive as well... I actually saw the boiler from that hotel when they had the hole dug... it was mostly a solid piece of rust.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude