Civil War Farm

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
TR146x
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Civil War Farm

Post by TR146x »

I’m interested if anyone has any information on the Civil War farm belonging to Dr. ?? (can’t remember name.)

This farm is still standing, in the Marlborough, third edition, the main house, and several slave quarters still stand. The information I have says that the developers will not raze the farm, until the original owner dies, she’s an elderly women, not long with us.

The doctor treated many soldiers as they retreated from Wilson’s Creek. The property can be accessed From Williams Avenue, but it would be best to walk north from Carver school, as a car parked on Williams would be noticed.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Civil War Farm

Post by Willard »

Going down the hill from the farm heading to tword the creek and Carver Middle School, you will find a cave. My friends and I found this one day when our class was outside "doing science stuff" and found two ponds covered in algie (sp?) and we noticed a kind of doorway in the side of the bluff... so we checked it out and its a cave with some water piping (obviously for the house). I hope that the house doesn't get torn down though... We need to save as much as we can for future generations to enjoy.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
TR146x
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TR146x »

Agreed. I talked to Ralph Manly about this, but it’s out of his hands, he does not own or have an interest in the property. It’s good real estate, worth quite a few bucks, I don’t think there’s any way to save the place.
TR146x
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TR146x »

Agreed. I talked to Ralph Manly about this, but it’s out of his hands, he does not own or have an interest in the property. It’s good real estate, worth quite a few bucks, I don’t think there’s any way to save the place.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Ralph is a great guy. Gotta love him
Kit wrote:I am old