The Albino Farm movie thread.

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: The Albino Farm movie thread.

Post by Willard »

I find the whole concept for the movie to be stupid. I think it's horrible to put this place in that kind of light.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
DigitalNinja
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Re: The Albino Farm movie thread.

Post by DigitalNinja »

I agree, then again I think most horror movies are stupid. (Sorry to those of you who like them!)
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

DigitalNinja wrote:I agree, then again I think most horror movies are stupid. (Sorry to those of you who like them!)
I like horror movies, but not really most modern ones. I like ones that were made back pre 1980's (and even then I really have to go pre 1970's to start finding a lot that I like).

darko80
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by darko80 »

I love horror movies from the bottom of my heart and I really wanted this not to suck. My hopes weren't necessarily high but I still wanted to give it a chance thinking that, if anything, I'd be able to recognize locations that I've actually visited. Well, having seen the movie now, I can safely say that despite having a pretty cool opening, the movie was an unbelievable and offensive pile of shit. The movie had a couple of things going for it: The characters were appropriately annoying, I really liked the filters that gave everything a nice cheap look, and it's nice to see a movie that was shot entirely in Missouri, but it pissed me off at how literally EVER FUCKING ONE of the locals were depicted as some kind of deformed religious fanatic.

Anyway, I could rant for several more paragraphs and I'm not even touching on how misleading the title of the movie was. With this movie, you saw it all in Wrong Turn and you saw it done better. At least that one was entertaining.
LUNITECH
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LUNITECH »

that is too funny the first time i went to the albino farm a couple of weeks ago i said to my team im suprised they have not made a movie on the idea with hollywood running out of ideas and all, and now i come across this, and it dont look to bad from the preview,i mean it's no jerry bruckhiemer but not bad.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Its a story made up by HS kids to scare each other in a time where there was not a neighborhood right there on the property. Back in the day it was the middle of no where with just the moon light to guide you. The movie last I checked had nothing at all to do with the HS story.

From IMDB: College students exploring the Ozark Mountains for a school assignment, stumble upon a group of scary, redneck cave-dwellers.

Also some of the characters include: Pig Bitch, Old Dwarf, Pin Head,Big Eye, Smash Face, Split Lip, Bird Girl.

An actual movie about the made up story would be sorta cool I guess but this isnt it. LOL
Kit wrote:I am old
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

I saw this and it was crappy. And I like a crappy horror movie, but this wasn't the good kind of bad.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

cobcob wrote:So who is responsible for this??

http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri. ... fm?aid=465
I believe John Rutherferd, one of the History Librarians, put that information up.

paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

This is the most stupid movie I have ever seen.
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

What? A moron with no creative talents tried to make a movie about a location riddled with asinine, idiotic, bullshit rumors for the last several decades and that movie sucked?

I don't believe it...
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

i dont think they even tried to use the rumors... just the name.
Kit wrote:I am old
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I totally downloaded this, BTW. Haven't convinced anyone else to watch it with me as of yet. Looks pretty horrible from what I've seen...
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
CaveGirl
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by CaveGirl »

Did you guys see this thread about the Albino Farm on IMDB?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1050001/boa ... /137434350

My post is the one by Captain Strange:
Damn straight. Stay the hell away from the Ozarks or me and my husband/brother/dad (don't know what to call him since he's all 3) will ass rape you with whatever is handy.
It was in response to a quote by goldenhawk40 but somehow got fucked up so it's just randomly in there :lol: .
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

CaveGirl wrote:Did you guys see this thread about the Albino Farm on IMDB?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1050001/boa ... /137434350

My post is the one by Captain Strange:
Damn straight. Stay the hell away from the Ozarks or me and my husband/brother/dad (don't know what to call him since he's all 3) will ass rape you with whatever is handy.
It was in response to a quote by goldenhawk40 but somehow got fucked up so it's just randomly in there :lol: .
excellent.

I saw the movie was at blockbuster this weekend. Didn't rent it...