The Albino Farm movie thread.

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

The Albino Farm movie thread.

Post by paul06660 »

I thought that I would get a thread started about the up and coming 2009 movie "The Albino Farm". This thread is for posting any news or rumors about this up and coming film.
The url for this film is www.albinofarmthemovie.com
There is a link on this site that refers to our gallery of Springlawn Farm.

Parts of this are from the intro on their site.

This movie is about a dark hidden secret of Springfield, Missouri. There once was a place in Southwest Missouri where people who were physically and mentally "differient" who often had genetic disorders were forced to live outside a highly religous society that had extreme beliefs. This society did not understand why these people were differient. So they often branded them as "Evil" and forced them to live in an "Internment" camp outside town.

Well over time the camp was eventually shut down but the family who ran and owned it remained. This family lived on this beautiful property for a long time till they all got old and died. During their last few years this family hired a man to take care of the property and to look after the people. This man was known to have a vile temper and to shoot his gun at people. Some people say he was one of the last of the Albino people who lived there over the years. He was even tied to 2 murders that happened under a bridge in the area.
Eventually he died and the property passed hands over the years. The property still remains to this day where people can go and see it with permission. There are lots of stone structures and buildings. The original house burned down in 1988 and the foundation and the fireplace remain.

I have personally been to this property several times. The woods has since overgrown the property. The place is VERY strange and has a VERY powerful energy force on it. It is just plain SCARY at night.
I am from the North Side of town and went to Hillcrest High School the legend was insane there. Many of us kids heard the story from our parents who went to Hillcrest as well and lived in the Reed and Plesant Hope middle school area. Lots of our parents report going there and seeing the Albino caretaker. Some say they were shot at.

What will the movie reveal about Springfield and the surrounding area?
What dark things happened here?

Feel free to share stories about the Albino Farm, and things you have seen there. Post any news or rumors relevant to the movie.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: The Albino Farm movie thread.

Post by Willard »

Oh my god! They are actually going to make a movie involving one of the better fake stories about the place! lol What BS.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Watcher
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: The Albino Farm movie thread.

Post by Watcher »

What will this movie reveal about Springfield? Probably something like:

"Yep. Them Missouri peoples ain't nothing but a bunch of ignorant backwerd Rednecks whut does horrible thangs to folks whut are outside tha norm. Yak yak yak."
"Oh, poor Watcher. Did your life flash before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea..."
- Spike, "BTVS"
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

LOL well i went to Hillcrest and now have kids that go to Hillcrest so I can attest to the fact that the stories there about the place do run rampant .. although if you think its scary that is all in your head.

The whole reason I found this place was when I was looking for info on the myth.

Any person that says they saw anything is either a liar or was on drugs at the time.

I think they should do what we did to each other back then and get up on the cliff by the haunted bridge down the road and whisper and make rocks clatter when people stop there to see if their car will start again. THAT was fun.
Last edited by Kit on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kit wrote:I am old
Pinwheel
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by Pinwheel »

I guess it is true. There are no new good ideas anymore.
Pinwheel pinwheel spin me around!
Look through my pinwheel and see what I found!
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

i dont care if they use the old stories for a movie as long as they dont try to pass it off as a true story.
Kit wrote:I am old
Former User #1
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by Former User #1 »

Here's the previous discussion on this topic:

viewtopic.php?t=74&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

It'll be well worth it if they throw in some skinwalkers. :D
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

I just went out there today and brought my new 6.1 megapixel camera with me. I snapped a total of 41 pictures, however due to my shakiness I lost about 5-10 of them. I will go back out later to snap a few more of the things I did not get to before by batteries ran out.
Would any of you be interested in seeing them? The area is REALLY over grown now and there is alot of ice storm damage that gives the place a strange feel.
If anyone is I will put together an rar archive with GIMP, a good program to get the true sharpness out of them. It will be about 200 megs and I will post it on bit torrent when im done.
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

I'm currently in the process of writing a novel about of one of Sawney Bean's children. Sort of in the tradition of John Gardner's "Grendel".Now this my friends,would make for a really scary movie if done right. Crappy films have been produced regarding topic, but this legend deserves better. :

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/lege ... _bean.html
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Set in the period occurred or updated? I mean the movie.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

BROUSER wrote:Set in the period occurred or updated? I mean the movie.
I think its set back in time when it occured. Mabie it will be story telling style.
darko80
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by darko80 »

I'm kinda new here but just stumbled on this thread and didn't know if anyone had already seen this

http://www.fangoria.com/fearful_feature.php?id=4429 article:
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Well... it looks like it will be better than Redneck Zombies. But then again it wouldn't take much. If you check out the links section of the site, UO is the first link mentioned.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
biship7
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by biship7 »

i went through fantastic caverns this summer while they were shooting this movie and seen the sets they were using in the caves that is the sole reason i found this site looking for info on the albino farm this place is awesome