Powder Plant, pryor area

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
k din
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Powder Plant, pryor area

Post by k din »

During wwii there was a powder plant in the pryor area, some say Gene Leroy Hart hid out there, also others. Anyway, rumors abound about it. There is also a cemetary with many unmarked graves, but you cannot get to it as it is on gov. property. Many unmarked graves from the wwii era, possibly german soldiers. Anyone know anymore about this. Supposidly the bunkers have been filled with cement. As a teeager in the late 70's we would go down to them and hang out. They were spooky and always had stuff in them, like someone was living there. We go kicked out by a deputy one day and were threatend with arrest if we were caught again.
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Powder Plant, pryor area

Post by Fiend »

Anyone have any info on these places in Pryor? I'm interested in finding them, but I am not familar with that area. I think I may have found some of these places on satellite maps. I plan on going out there soon. I found this info on the web.

During World War II, the DuPont Company and the U.S. War Department operated an Ammunition Powder Plant and German Prisoner of War Camp, southeast of the city. The area later became the present-day Mid-America Industrial Park, which is the largest manufacturing park in the state. The industries located in the park provide jobs for hundreds of families that live in and around Mayes County. The park has been selected as the site for a new 1.5 million-square-foot, $180 million Gatorade plant owned by PepsiCo. Other long established employers include Red Devil, NGC Paper, Georgia-Pacific, Solae, Lone Star Cement, Elkem Metals, Orchid Paper and the Grand River Dam Authority, who also operates a coal-fire power generation facility.