Warm-up ride....

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Warm-up ride....

Post by BROUSER »

Ok, I'm still dedicated to the idea of riding the Katy Trail this year. And hopefully sometime soon. But for now, I want to ride the High Line trail to Bolivar from Springfield. Only 35 miles, could probably make a 4-5 hr trip of it even stopping for lunch, but I'd probably make it an all day trip, planning for frequent stops to check stuff out and just goof off. Anyone? Might even make it an up and back trip.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Warm-up ride....

Post by ropingk »

70 miles in ONE day on a pedal bike??? you must be in awesome shape
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

That's what I'm hoping to find out.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
ARLT1YJ
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by ARLT1YJ »

70 miles on a road bike is a piece of cake (unless your in the Mt's.), but 70 miles on a MT. Bike is like 140 on a road bike.

My babe's going to France after the 26th, so I'd be able to join you after then. I don't want the guilt trip of "not wanting to see her", so if you're going the first week of June I'd like to tag along.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

I want Sertile on board for the warm up ride at least. Bolivar is his stomping grounds.
― Ken Ham
Split
Personality
Personality

RE: Warm-up ride....

Post by Split »

I'd probably go.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

BROUSER wrote:I want Sertile on board for the warm up ride at least. Bolivar is his stomping grounds.
Damnit I guess my post never got posted. Anyway name a date and I'm game.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

r there going to be a back up plann like some body with a truck or in my case just call the the hurse cause it would kill me :shock:
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

There's always the cell phone. But one way is only a 3 hour ride for someone pushing pretty good.
― Ken Ham
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

ropingk wrote:r there going to be a back up plann like some body with a truck or in my case just call the the hurse cause it would kill me :shock:
What Brouser said... plus this is an old railroad bed we'll be riding on so it will be pretty level with only slight inclines in places.

Curor
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Curor »

I do not live too far away from where you will be biking. If you would like my number I will PM it to you.
Everyone else who lets me ride on their dinosaur calls me Carlos.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I might suggest May 17th or 18th (this comming weekend) because the weekend after, May 24th and 25th, is Memorial Day which would only leave the first two weekends in June to do this (I'm booked May 31st already), and the second weekend in June is the weekend before Summer semester starts. So I'd say this comming weekend because I know Brouser, you were wanting to do the long ride on the Katy trail before summer school started.

Nemophilist
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Nemophilist »

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd join in if I had a bike.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

http://www.friscohighlinetrail.org/index.html
Probably not this coming weekend for me. Due to weather, didn't get a chance to shop for plants for the landscaping for this year, so will be doing that next weekend. It would exclude ARLo too. Let's tentatively set for June 7th. I may wait for fall for Katy Trail, or work it into a weekend during summer classes. No classes on Fridays, y'know.
― Ken Ham
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I'm all for it, but the timing has to be right. I'll be training this week and next for a 35 mi trip I'm doing with St. John's here in Nixa. That's next weekend (the 31st), and I'll be out of town this weekend (Memorial Day weekend). I plan on getting a new bike tonight actually, because the one I have now really can't make the trip. I'll probably get a road bike.

So yeah, I'm up for it any time after next weekend. I could either meet you guys in Bolivar or we could set up vehicles at both ends or something like that. BTW, that Bolivar trail head is something of a misnomer. The trail doesn't really pick up until you get out of town and you have to cross the highway and jump through a lot of hoops, but I know a better place to start.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/