Post by DeeDee »

Me too!
It's your mom and I helped!!!!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

RE: Heer's Department Store

Post by Sertile »

In all seriousness, if I can score a decent-paying job in the area I might just make a down-payment on one of those puppies, assuming they aren't all snatched up right away. Sure beats the hell out of buying a house, IMO.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Uhhh.. yeah... can I just flat out have several million so I could just own Heer's?

:whistling:.........
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Underdog
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS
NEEDS MOAR TEXTS

Post by Underdog »

Oh man, I would LOOOOVVVEEE to have one of those. The view of the square would be perfect. I have plans to eventually move away from Springpatch someday so it probably wouldn't be worth it. Maybe I'll consider it in a few years..."when I actually have money".
"I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life." -Jack Bauer
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Okay, I feel like I should make an announcement here to the general public before it's too late:

The Heers building is (as of 8-26-05) wide-open to all explorers and curious parties.

If anyone wishes to gain access, act now. Entry may be gained through the gutted, partially-demolished building BEHIND Heers. Walk in through any of the enormous holes in the wall, provided the construction workers are off-duty, and head directly down the stairs to the basement. Follow the tunnels you find there under the alley and into the Heers building proper. That's all there is to it. I ask that you please refrain from stealing, tagging, or any other form of wanton destruction while in and around the building.

Act fast - the entrance is almost totally destroyed, and won't remain standing much longer. This could be your last and only chance.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
imnobody
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by imnobody »

I just discovered this website and figured I would put in my 2 cents on this post.
In case you didnt know, all 23 of the condos planned for the Heers building have been reserved, ALL OF THEM! It only took like a week and a half.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: Heer's Department Store

Post by Willard »

imnobody wrote:I just discovered this website and figured I would put in my 2 cents on this post.
In case you didnt know, all 23 of the condos planned for the Heers building have been reserved, ALL OF THEM! It only took like a week and a half.
I hope the soul of F.X. Heer haunts any and all people who live in those condos... for that matter for all those who work there as well. It should be a department store. It was designed as a department store. There should be no other uses for the building.

imnobody
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by imnobody »

I dont think that a department store would work well in the Heers Building. Just because people are so dead set on going to the damn mall for everything. I think they actually have some good plans for the Building, yet I hope they dont allow little shops and botiques like they had originally planned.
I was skeptical at first but I really do believe that people will be impressed with the overall product when Heers is finished.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I spent 6 God Damn years working on plans to put a department store back into Heer's! If you have a department store like what people used to go to 50 years ago they would love to shop there. I must of talked to hundereds of people who would rather go someplace other then the mall. The only reason people shop at the mall is because there is virtually no other place to shop!

Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I HATE going to the mall, and I hate going to the south side of town, period. It's too far, and Battlefield is just a hideous road to begin with. I would actually like to have a place to shop downtown, personally, and I agree with Willard. I think Heers would be much better as just a department store, or an indoor mall. Nobody really needs to be living there, and I'd just as soon there not be space wasted on offices, either.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Very true about office space downtown. The Landers Buildng (aka the State Building), the McDanial Building, the Holland Building, The Woodruff Building, the Medical Arts Building (aka the Great Souther Building) the Wilhoit Building, and Hamond's Tower all have office space and some of these buildings are at less then 50% capacity (particularly the McDanial and Woodruff buildings) Before we start putting in more office space, lets try to fill up the space we have!

imnobody
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by imnobody »

I agree with you too, I hate going to the mall. I just think that it would be too big of a leap, especially with some of the south and east sides snobs, to get as many people downtown to shop at a Heers type department store as you would need to make it work. Im not particularly excited about the office space in there either, because like Willard said, there are so many buildings down there already that are full of govt offices so it isnt attractive for other kinds of businesses to move in there.

I guess im just kind of torn on some of the decisions, I really do like that fact that there are going to be upscale condos. I actually went on a tour of the Adler Lofts in downtown St. Louis, and they are supposed to be similar to what the Heers condos are going to be like. You guys should check out adlerlofts.com and see what they are gonna look like, I think they look pretty sweet.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I think they look pretty sweet
Yeah, I'm sure they are, but you'll have to forgive me for not really caring how the upper crust lives in this city.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

Post by David Keetz »

...................... . my apartment has a fireplace...........
I think something clever is supposed to go right here.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

FYI - Heers Update

It seems I may have spoken in haste, as it has been reported a fire-door prevented access to the Heers building proper since the start of demolition.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

In other news, I have recently learned that the outbuilding which provided access to Heers is now "a pile of bricks."

It was fun while it lasted.